Reverb Deal - PDP LX 7 piece kit

That is a nice kit. And maple shells if I’m not mistaken

I did the math... about a tank and a half, there and back, in a RAV4. 6 hrs. +/- total.

So... How DO I start a go-fund-me divorce fund? Just curious really.
I'd probably do it if I was in your shoes, haha. I love my PDP MX kit. The Reverb kit has a 16" floor tom which makes me super jealous. I've been looking for one ever since I got mine.

I'd probably do it if I was in your shoes, haha. I love my PDP MX kit. The Reverb kit has a 16" floor tom which makes me super jealous. I've been looking for one ever since I got mine.
16" floor toms on legs were super rare in the Mexican-made drums. It seems unless you ordered one when you bought the rest of the kit it was highly unlikely you'd be able to find one after the fact. That's one of the factors that helped me decide to let my CX kit go. I found an 8" tom after a long hunt, but I never found a floor tom...

The LX kit in the OP is an enticing set of drums. Great finish, really good condition, and (I think) all of the sizes that were possible. And for a really reasonable price too. While the CX sets were everywhere, the LX kits took a little more searching to find even back when these were in production, and they had an even shorter lifespan than the CX because Pacific turned them into the Platinum line fairly quickly.

16" floor toms on legs were super rare in the Mexican-made drums. It seems unless you ordered one when you bought the rest of the kit it was highly unlikely you'd be able to find one after the fact. That's one of the factors that helped me decide to let my CX kit go. I found an 8" tom after a long hunt, but I never found a floor tom...
Don't they sell after-market legs and brackets you could install?
Would that ruin the integrity of the drum?

Don't they sell after-market legs and brackets you could install?
Would that ruin the integrity of the drum?
PDP didn't make a 16" hanging tom to convert. The only way to get a 16" was to have bought an add-on floor tom. These drums hit at the height of the "Fusion" 10/12/14 hanging tom era in drum sets.

You can't convert what didn't exist. PDP didn't offer a 16" mounted tom, only a floor tom on legs. And none of the early pre-configured kits had a 16", they were all 10/12/14.

Does anyone have experience with the new PDP kits? I'm particularly interested to know about the tom holder and L-arms? I have seen a few people say that they had to really torque/tighten the screws into the L-arms to get the toms to stay in place. One guy said he had to take a wrench! I think they sound really good from what I've seen in videos, and I know that they use the graduated hoops plus mag throw off for the snare just like the DW stuff, but that tom mount that comes with the bass drum and the 10.5mm L-arms scare me a bit. Will PDP's stuff stand up to a pounding? Any info you guys might have about those specific things would be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone have experience with the new PDP kits? I'm particularly interested to know about the tom holder and L-arms? I have seen a few people say that they had to really torque/tighten the screws into the L-arms to get the toms to stay in place. One guy said he had to take a wrench! I think they sound really good from what I've seen in videos, and I know that they use the graduated hoops plus mag throw off for the snare just like the DW stuff, but that tom mount that comes with the bass drum and the 10.5mm L-arms scare me a bit. Will PDP's stuff stand up to a pounding? Any info you guys might have about those specific things would be greatly appreciated.
Honestly, I haven't heard about problems with PDP hardware. It's solid stuff.

PDP tom holder/floor tom clamp/bass drum mount worked great on my cx kit. I have no experience with stands/pedals/thrones so I can't comment. I sold them to a friend & wish I hadn't. They were great sounding drums & super solid.

Back