Remo Renaissance?

m1ck

Does anyone here have experience with Remo Renaissance heads, especially regarding snare drum application? Single or double ply?

They're hard to describe. They have more character than a regular drum head. Used more often in orchestra scenarios.

You would have to play them to understand.

Just another type of head to make head selection more difficult and confusing.

They come in Ambassador, Diplomat, and Emperor weight heads. So they really aren't going to sound much different then their base counterparts.

Well, that would be my guess. Maybe Renaissance heads different coating makes them sound so much different from their roots. Maybe it doesn't.

If you really want to find out, go for it. With the insane amount of head choices in general, we need all the online reviews we can get.

Does anyone here have experience with Remo Renaissance heads, especially regarding snare drum application? Single or double ply?

Warmer and more delicate than their counterparts. I use one on a Sonor Designer 6 1/2 X 14 and it sounds great. Not a head I'd use for heavy playing.

If you are playing classical music, I would certainly put this head (ambassador) on your snaredrum and keep it. Works the best.

If you play jazz, I would certainly try it.

If you play heavier music, I wouldn't use it.

They're hard to describe. They have more character than a regular drum head. Used more often in orchestra scenarios.

You would have to play them to understand.

They are very sensative heads, but i like em. Not too much experiance w/ them though.

OK, consensus seems to be that they are best suited for a light touch; finesse, jazz, etc.

I play hard rock/metal and I'm slowly becoming a harder and harder hitter, so you guys have answered my question.

Thanx.

=)

Back