Regal Tip out of business?

So, if you go to the Regal Tip page, under the "news" tab it says to contact Carol Calato to find out status and availability. This was posted at the beginning of the year. I'm sure I'm not the only who'd noticed it. So I've sent three (3) email to the provided email address to inquire about status of the company and availability of my preferred stick. Well, I may as well have have lit a candle in the wind! Not one reply!
It also states that you can order directly from them. Well that's a bunch of BS..... the sticks I'm after have been "out of stock" since January of 2019!
Just be honest with us Regal. Are you still active or not?

The frequency of the news updates are interesting too. 2017 there are quite a few. One in 2018 and then nothing until 2021. So it looks like the issues aren't pandemic-related as they appear to have been inherent since at least 2018...

It seems like anyone who's ordered sticks that are in stock directly from the site have gotten them rather quickly...
Well, I'm glad to hear that. At least it shows a little bit light. However, I wonder if they're only going to produce certain models in hopes of gaining revenue and "up production" and models or it will remain this way for as long as they can sustain?
I guess the frustration comes from no responses and no up to date news.
Thanks for posting, Living Dead......

Well, I'm glad to hear that. At least it shows a little bit light. However, I wonder if they're only going to produce certain models in hopes of gaining revenue and "up production" and models or it will remain this way for as long as they can sustain?
I guess the frustration comes from no responses and no up to date news.
Thanks for posting, Living Dead......

My guess is that backorders piled up while they had production closed in 2019, and again in 2020 for the pandemic.
It would make sense to try and catch up on those models first. I'm sure the number of orders for 5A's are greater than the Alex Van Halen model.

My guess is that backorders piled up while they had production closed in 2019, and again in 2020 for the pandemic.
You'd think production would've increased because of Covid due to players really getting into practicing.
Yeah...I know gigging was over, but playing certainly wasn't.
Who knows. All I know is I can't get them & all their sticks on their site is out of stock. Meaning I'm going to look for a comparable product & give my money to them. :confused:

I've been watching this thread for a minute now and it seems to me that it would behoove someone from Regal Tip to get themselves invested in reading this thread. Unless, of course, they're perfectly happy ceding their portion of the market to their competitors.
It's unfortunate and easily solvable with a modicum of communication.
Oh well, I play Promark, VF, and Vater.

Glad to have found this thread.
Upon having the hardest time finding my Regal Tips anywhere, I took look at their website for the first time in a while and it looks so much like they're back in business. What a tease! I guess it just hasn't been updated in years
Doesn't somebody have to be maintaining it in some way to keep it alive? Anyone know the rep? Haha

Just in case anyone is interested in doctoring other brands, Minwax clear brushing laquer, gloss, works really well. I'd used Bulls-eye shellac in the past, and it wasn't quite grippy enough. The minwax laquer is much better in that regard, and very easy to apply.
I'll have to give this a try.
I've been pleased with the Bullseye shellac, but I agree that's it's not quite the same as the RT finish.

Used Regal since childhood. Got too inconsistent in terms of quality. I like the Vic Firth Double Glaze 5A's, especially in the cold weather. Take Winston's advice.

What's the latest status on RT?

I am back to gigging next weekend. Just went to order my RT sticks, and I can't find them anywhere on the planet. Ugh.
Haven’t seen anything regal tip in the shops, I guess they are done? Anyone have any info?

Back