Racks, Stands or Hybrid (rack & stand) Setup

Just want to ask since I just bought my kit. Its a Mapex Mars 7pcs. 8" rack tom, 10" rack tom & 12" rack tom, 14" & 16" floor tom, 22" bass and 14.x5.5" snare. I have 2x 16" crash, 17" crash, 18" crash, 20"ride, 16" china, 18" china, 6", 8" & 10" splash and I have aux piccolo snare. I was thinking of buying a rack but its kinda way off my budget and I also want to use my stands since it come with the kit. If I'm going to buy stands its kinda well the footprint is big on the floor. Or should I do hybrid using my stands as base for a tube rack. I can use my available stand but also get the benefits of a rack. What do you guys think? My kit will not leave the room its for my practice or maybe future youtube vlogs maybe?

if it’s not going anywhere, you’re happy with how the drums can move around and you have no big space concerns i would invest that money in something more useful to your situation like cymbals or heads

Use stands for now and get into the rack later if it's something you think you'll want. I can see where having one as a visual element for YT content would be desirable. But make sure the rest of your kit (heads, cymbals, etc) are as good as can be first.

I was thinking of buying a rack but its kinda way off my budget and I also want to use my stands since it come with the kit. If I'm going to buy stands its kinda well the footprint is big on the floor. Or should I do hybrid using my stands as base for a tube rack. I can use my available stand but also get the benefits of a rack. What do you guys think? My kit will not leave the room its for my practice or maybe future youtube vlogs maybe?
I'd go with your stands for now, especially if the rack budget just isn't there. Later on ..... you can always start buying rack pieces as you can afford them. I have two Yamaha hex racks (ver. 1's) that I bought right as they were being discontinued. Sometimes I use 'em. Sometimes not. And like you mentioned, the hybrid rack/stand combo. also. I find it definitely makes for a smaller footprint, and you may decide you really need/want that.

Back