questions about trick pedals

I think Pearl has a winner with the new pedal, for all the reasons direct-drive pedals are popular. The feel to my foot is lighter than the Trick, maybe not quite as smooth, but still a fast pedal. I would call it the poor-man's-Trick, but I don't know how it's priced. High-end pedals crossed the $200 mark a while back, and Trick may have been the first to cross $300. If Pearl's pedal stays under $200, they can take a bite out of DW and Trick's market. But if it goes past $250, drummers may pay the extra $50-70 and get the Trick instead.

Anyway, if there was no Trick pedal, I'd really like the Demon.

Bermuda

http://www.steveweissmusic.com/product/pearl-demon-drive-p3000d/bass-drum-pedals
pre-order the demon single for $335

Thats full MSRP on those pedals...that would be like buying a car today and paying sticker. If you can't get 10%-15% off at least than call other dealers or just wait. This is a buyers market not a sellers market. Lack luster sales will eventually drop the price of a product no matter how great it is.

Thats full MSRP on those pedals...that would be like buying a car today and paying sticker. If you can't get 10%-15% off at least than call other dealers or just wait. This is a buyers market not a sellers market. Lack luster sales will eventually drop the price of a product no matter how great it is.

I seriously don't think it's MSRP i think it's actually MAP price, still cheaper than the Trick for the double vs double and only slightly more than the axis al-2, it's 2 main competitors. Steve Weiss is a pretty big retailer they sell at the same price point as like Musicians friend or Sam Ash, who are getting theirs shipped the same day. Hey, to me, if a top of the line DW or Cobra is 200 bucks, then 335 for a demon really is not that drastic. Although i think everyone was hoping for 200-250 for the single and under 500 for the double. Pearl would have sold truckloads of them. Remember, this pedal is elite on the same echelon as axis al-2, trick dominator, sonor giant step, sleishman. Elitism has a price for admission...

Last edited:
I seriously don't think it's MSRP i think it's actually MAP price, still cheaper than the Trick for the double vs double and only slightly more than the axis al-2, it's 2 main competitors. Steve Weiss is a pretty big retailer they sell at the same price point as like Musicians friend or Sam Ash, who are getting theirs shipped the same day. Hey, to me, if a top of the line DW or Cobra is 200 bucks, then 335 for a demon really is not that drastic. Although i think everyone was hoping for 200-250 for the single and under 500 for the double. Pearl would have sold truckloads of them. Remember, this pedal is elete on the same echelon as axis al-2, trick dominator, sonor giant step, sleishman. Elitism has a price for admission...

If the price came off Steve Weiss, it's MAP, not MSRP. They never list "Pre order now at full retail!" they are a discount outlet.

If MAP is $335, artist price is $175 tops. MSRP is probably $475

I heard that MSRP is $500, so street should be $3-325, which is right about where the Pro1v is.

Bermuda

Back