Queen Elizabeth II Dies at the age of 96

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drumdame

Silver Member
Nobody is above criticism, alive or dead and whether or not they were born into enormous wealth and power.
But we're using this platform for that very thing and we all know that's not why the Drummerworld Forum was created... so let's all live in peace, loving one another and "Drum On"!

Juniper

Gold Member
If we have such negative opinions about Queen Elizabeth II we should keep them to ourselves... this is a Drum Forum not for bashing or disparaging the late Queen. She was the Royal Queen whether you liked it or not. Clearly you have no respect for the Queen by calling her Liz. She was a perfect example of what a Queen should be. Maybe you should take a lesson or two and bridle your tongue!

To be fair Anon is from Australia, which means the Queen was also her Queen and she’s especially entitled to her opinion, given the monarchy and their country’s first hand experience of it.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Diamond Member
I feel like ehr death also was sort of the death of an old school mindset/cultural identity/societal definition that we will never see again. She was one of the last people of power who really understood international relations and history that led up to the defining moments of the 20th Century

I feel like I am also sort off mourning the loss of the touch to that. The final page has been turned on that era of the world

jda

Silver Member
next in succession is King Charles right.
So it's a continuum

and there's - Diana's son?- after Charles, right?
Of course it's sad when someone passes.
But nothing is changed or interrupted is It?

jda

Silver Member
I'm sure King Charles will behave ( won't he? ; )
and be a quiet-type... ; )
I mean he's such a low-key guy : )

" He probably thinks he got demoted"
Now he can't have any fun

planoranger

Also with no disrespect towards the new king, but he seems to be "pen challenged". Some of news clips I've seen of him here in the U.S.A. trying to navigate the "intricacies" of a pen were pretty amusing. I realize he was mourning the loss of his mother, but still...pens??? :rolleyes:

Charles is now our King
His son William will be the king after him
Williams first born George will after his dad
Question: if Kate survives William, and George becomes king, what would her title be? King Mother? Elizabeth's mother was called the Queen Mother, so would I be correct in my assumptions?

Last edited:

Anon La Ply

Renegade
If we have such negative opinions about Queen Elizabeth II we should keep them to ourselves... this is a Drum Forum; not for bashing or disparaging the late Queen. She was the Royal Queen whether you liked it or not. Clearly you have no respect for the Queen by calling her Liz. She was a perfect example of what a Queen should be. Maybe you should take a lesson or two and bridle your tongue!
Amazing that such a harmless comment can elicit such a response. I am gobsmacked and disappointed that the lack of goodwill on a drum forum!

I expressed no negative opinions. I simply observed. Unbelievable that anyone would think that what was very obviously admiring observation of Liz's self control was an insult. I suppose that's how things are these days. People look for any excuse to be offended.

As for calling her "Liz" I am Australian. We are informal. If people think this is insulting, then they are simply reading situation wrong, which is also not unusual in these days of endless outrage. So disappointing, but the 2020s seems to be a time for disappointment.

Anon La Ply

Renegade
It's just downright disappointing, Duncan. Normally I could laugh it off as silly internet stuff but we are dealing with a dying dog - not an emblematic VIP dying, but a daily friend - and my humour fails me.

I really wish people could just be pleasant and decent to each other online rather than trying to pick each other to pieces. Still, this forum is a delightful lake of tranquillity compared to philosophy forums :)

Mediocrefunkybeat

Platinum Member
It's just downright disappointing, Duncan. Normally I could laugh it off as silly internet stuff but we are dealing with a dying dog - not an emblematic VIP dying, but a daily friend - and my humour fails me.

I really wish people could just be pleasant and decent to each other online rather than trying to pick each other to pieces. Still, this forum is a delightful lake of tranquillity compared to philosophy forums :)
Really sorry to hear about the dog, Grea. That's horrible and they're such loving companions and it's always an absolute heartbreak.

You know I'm a total arse my friend - but you have my love!

Anon La Ply

Renegade
Really sorry to hear about the dog, Grea. That's horrible and they're such loving companions and it's always an absolute heartbreak.

You know I'm a total arse my friend - but you have my love!
Thanks Dunc. As they say, there are no happy endings, only incomplete stories. We are all ultimately dust, including the biggest VIP in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.