Queen Elizabeth II Dies at the age of 96

Status
Not open for further replies.

jda

Silver Member
I guess it was the best they could get

Mediocrefunkybeat

Platinum Member
Nationalism. Maybe. Workers who build in the country 'you' represent(ed....
Ah! You think we still have a significant car industry.

There would be the choice of (ahem):

Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Lotus, Vauxhall, MINI or possibly a Bentley, etc. But they don't make Bentley hearses. I haven't seen a modern Jaguar hearse in a while and I certainly haven't seen a Rolls-Royce hearse. Toyota, Nissan, MINI and Honda are out as non-luxury brands and seeing her in a Lotus Exige would rather break decorum.

A Land Rover would be the most fitting of any 'British' cars seeing as she used to tear around the countryside in them...

jda

Silver Member
Yes I know that.

jda

Silver Member
But they don't make Bentley hearses.
all (hearses) are one-off's special builds'
as was this "Benz"

No I wasn't expecting a "McLaren" hearse.. Maybe tho a Jaguar

jda

Silver Member
(it was a thing that interested me. I was in the car business for 70 years)
~
Edinburgh-based funeral directors William Purves had been chosen to transport the Queen’s coffin, and the firm chose a Mercedes hearse with a glass roof and wide single-pane side windows to give the waiting public the best chance of seeing the coffin as it passed them on its long journey by road.
~
guess that reason explain- will suffice.

Last edited:

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Diamond Member
wouldn't they actually use a formal horse drawn carriage or the actual procession?

GetAgrippa

Diamond Member
I’ve read a lot of genetic evolutionary biology articles and books of ancestries of Europe, but not as savvy on history per se- like who was first King of England ( damn disappointed it wasn’t King Art- hur lol). So I’ve started and it’s a long, long,long…..,,,history. For such a small country-ies it’s influenced every continent- and still does.

Chris Whitten

Silver Member
The car saga ain't over
When they are alive, the Royal Family exclusively drive around in Land Rovers, Range Rovers, Bentley's and Rolls Royce.
I think all are now foreign owned, but all are originally British brands and still made in the UK.

Reactions: jda

GetAgrippa

Diamond Member
I wonder if Charles will keep driving his Aston Martin DB6 Volante he had modified for biofuels from cheese and wine making (what a great idea)? Does etiquette dictate what the King can drive- or as King does he pick?

planoranger

Mrs. planoranger is watching the funeral now. What an amazing farewell to a wonderful person.

In honour of my UK friends, I'm going to have bangers and mash (sausage and mashed potatoes for us here in the US) for breakfast. I'll add some crisps (potato chips) to my lunch (even though the bag has been open for a few days...maybe call them "stales" instead).

jda

Silver Member
Jaguar!!!!
that 'rental Benz is gone,

The state hearse is thought to be based on the 2010 Jaguar XJ saloon and was reportedly designed by the Royal Household and Jaguar Land Rover. According to Bazaar, the Queen was consulted on the plans and approved the final model before her death.

I like the grille
better.
as my dad would say..

queen-elizabeth-ii-jaguar-royal-funeral-hearse-classic-car-modified-1670704.jpg

Last edited:

planoranger

It was a fine send off but its fair to say I have a case of royal family fatigue.

Hopefully we can get some normality back now.
At least you folks don't have either the Kardashians or the Tom Brady/Giselle Bundchen American Football drama to deal with.
If you have to ask about either one...be grateful that you don't know. More importantly hope that no one tells you.

Status
Not open for further replies.