Psychedelic Red Ludwig Drums

SupraphonicD

Hi everyone,
I am new here and was wondering if any of you might have some leads for helping me put together my next kit.
I’m looking for:
(2) 24” x14” Bass Drums
14” x 10” Mount Tom
16” x 16” Floor Tom
18” x 16” Floor Tom
Might want a couple of other size mount toms as well. I expect I will be piecing this thing together so I’m looking to find any pieces individually or together that I can.
Thanks in advance for your time. Dave

Here's a start:

Thank you. I forgot to stipulate that I need to get the bass drums before I get the rest. They are a little harder to find in that size.

Do they have to be vintage? It's a rare color to begin with, and those are fairly rare sizes too. Add in the fact all the psych red drums I've ever seen age/fade differently so building a kit out of orphan drums may not quite come together looks-wise. I think you might have set yourself up for at the very least expensive, and a possibly frustratingly long quest.

The wrap Jammin' Sam sells isn't a perfect match for the original wrap, but it might help you just focus on getting the sizes you want.

I played a 1969 psychedelic red kit in college, so I totally understand the draw, so good luck to you! :)

Vintage would be my first choice of course but if I get frustrated enough I’m sure I would come around to getting it done another way. I like Jammin’ Sam’s Psych Red. Very cool looking.
My thoughts are to have a vintage kit, in vintage sizes with that vintage psych wrap on it. I’m sure I have my work cut out for me. I get determined though. ?
Thanks for your help.

Vintage would be my first choice of course but if I get frustrated enough I’m sure I would come around to getting it done another way. I like Jammin’ Sam’s Psych Red. Very cool looking.
My thoughts are to have a vintage kit, in vintage sizes with that vintage psych wrap on it. I’m sure I have my work cut out for me. I get determined though. ?
Thanks for your help.

Is it that you want a originally vintage kit in totality or for just the sound and sizes ? Because if not , you can always look for a structurally
( aside from wrap) good condition vintage kit or orphans and have them re wrapped in the jammin Sams wrap ??‍♂️. It would be easier to find orphaned drums in the sizes you want and cheaper especially if the wraps are trashed ??

An originally vintage kit would be my first choice. I just wanted to see if anyone who reads this might have some leads on that.
If I don’t have any luck I’ll probably piece together vintage and have them wrapped.
I was kind of hoping that the person who bought that double bass Ludwig kit in Psychadelic Red on the Vintage Ludwig Drums website a few years ago might be on here and ready to sell.
I know. I’m dreaming.

Back