Probably one of the more unusual kits here, also I'm new ...

Ludwig Supraphonic snare, alot of mods and played around with skins and samples, started life as a Pearl Master Studio birch set from the 90s ... sounds like a monster, one of the clearest drumsets I've ever heard. It's my baby

View attachment 127152
I certainly wouldn't say the most unusual, many of us including myself have/had some pretty out there rigs. But, that is a cool setup nonetheless and welcome! I have both acoustic and electric drums and occasionally mess around with hybrid set ups. That's a cool alesis sample pad, I was looking at one of those because I can plug in the hi hat pedal and bass drum pad from my Crimson 2 kit and use it like a portable table top ekit.

I hope that first comment didn't come across as snarky, I was moreso hoping to continue the conversation of unusual set ups.

A few of mine:
IMG_20170405_192806195.jpgIMG_20150124_220723879.jpgIMG_20150124_223925713.jpgIMG_20180901_100545008.jpgIMG_20190822_170807596.jpgIMG_20220623_201147249.jpgIMG_20220609_194315126.jpg

Cheers to weird drums!

Welcome to Drummerworld. I love samplers !!! Easy add to any acoustic kit. Instant hybrid. I scored a Roland SPD-S some 15 years ago. And a loop station. That led to Korg Wave drums, Mandala pads, Nord Drum 1's. Fun stuff.

Last edited:
Ludwig Supraphonic snare, alot of mods and played around with skins and samples, started life as a Pearl Master Studio birch set from the 90s ... sounds like a monster, one of the clearest drumsets I've ever heard. It's my baby

Nice setup, Also your room looks like a lot of fun. Welcome aboard!

bitcoin-lightning.gif

Wow that's alot of drums
Not really. We have the same amount of drums. I have 2 more cymbals than you, and a double pedal. I dont have the pad however, so you actually have more sounds than I do.

I do have many more drums available, just not the space available to set them all up. So the kit changes 2/3 times a year depending on what I want to do.

I certainly wouldn't say the most unusual, many of us including myself have/had some pretty out there rigs. But, that is a cool setup nonetheless and welcome! I have both acoustic and electric drums and occasionally mess around with hybrid set ups. That's a cool alesis sample pad, I was looking at one of those because I can plug in the hi hat pedal and bass drum pad from my Crimson 2 kit and use it like a portable table top ekit.

I hope that first comment didn't come across as snarky, I was moreso hoping to continue the conversation of unusual set ups.

A few of mine:
View attachment 127177View attachment 127178View attachment 127183View attachment 127179View attachment 127180View attachment 127181View attachment 127184

Cheers to weird drums!
Can you play (hit) the floor tom (upper head) at the same time as you kick the bass drum (lower head)?
I wonder if the sounds choke each other.

You are ready to rock!..Roc-n-soc..promarks..real feal practice pad..electronics..frosted ambs?..K zildj setup. Welcome aboard!.

Can you play (hit) the floor tom (upper head) at the same time as you kick the bass drum (lower head)?
I wonder if the sounds choke each other.
You certainly can play them simultaneously but if you hit both sides dead center at the same time you do get a slightly muted bass drum tone and a subtle pitch pens to the floor tom. Some times it's annoying and other times you can use it to coax unusual sounds you normally couldn't.

Back