Porcupine Tree - Anesthetize

Well it seems like you can ask him directly. :ROFLMAO: I feel like a dummy a bit because I published this thread and learned AFTER about the following thread where Mr. Harrison is discussing directly with fans.

Hahaha yes! He's always super quick to reply to my super annoying questions ?

Does Gavin use a 12 inch snare? He has a 12 and a 14 signature snare but I vaguely remember something about the 12 being used on some if not most of those classic PT recordings.

I am not sure about the actual recordings but in the MD Fesival videos and the Guitar Center vids he is using a 12” snare.

I am not sure about the actual recordings but in the MD Fesival videos and the Guitar Center vids he is using a 12” snare.
I think that's his main snare for most things. May be the best rock snare recordings ever and that 12 incher has a lot to do with it.

Gavin's King Crimson bandmate, Tony Levin, takes and archives wonderful photos. The one linked above looks like Gavin playing a 12" Sonor Protean. I have one of these little beasties and it is an absolute killer snare with great crack and resonance

Gavin's educational material is a great way to keep your ego in check.

Back