Please suggest me better way of recording guitar

Tylerdrums109

Right now i am micing my Flextone 2 with a pg57 mic...sending the mic into a six channel alesis mixer and using the gain on the mixer as a mic preamp....then i send the mixer into a Behringer firewire port and into my computer where i capture the sound with sony acid 6.0...any tips to improve my recorded sound?...or maybe a new way of doing it?....any and all suggestions are appreciated....im very new to recording but i did my bands (the one i play drums for) recordings all on my own and i think they sound pretty good...thanks

When my guitarist brought his half stack here, we recorded him by sending his "headphone" jack straight to the jack on the back of the computer. This had a clear sound, but a weird amount of white noise.

Here is a sample if you want to hear, may or may not be better than what you are already doing.

Let me know if you download it, so I can take it down to save server space.

Attachments

• two riffas.mp3
    766.2 KB · Views: 149
dude i use a samson Q8 connected up to the front mic port of my creative X-fi. Sounds pretty good. Planning on someday getting a marian trace 8 and some valve mic preamps, as well as a couple of condensers but for now:

my song

I recently discovered that you should put your mic at an angle to the guitar speaker and on the edge and make it so that it is a few inches away from your amp. Also in my case i need to give the top end a bit of a boost but after that it sounds quite good. You can't really hear hear the guitar massively well but there's nothing i can really do about the hihats. I only have 3 mics so i can't really isolate the hihat very well which is really loud.

Back