Please! Post Your Marine/Oyster/Pearloid Wrap Kits Here:

Absolutely! I've love Standards, and those are a beautiful example. The badges were totally cool, and they had the grooviest wraps. I have a set of 70s three-ply in white cortex, and I'd trade them for Standards in a heartbeat.

To me, Standards are to Classic Ludwigs as Olympics are to Premier.
Same shells, diferent hardware and badges for Standards and top of the line Ludwigs.

Same shells, diferent hardware and badges for Standards and top of the line Ludwigs.
Same thing with Premier and Olympic: same shells, different hardware. But also Premier have die cast rims, Olympic triple flange. Point is, the cheaper lines, whether thought of as Student or Entry Level drums, sound as good as the top of the line.

Me and my Gretsch Catalina Club from 2017ish. Sounded and especially looked way better than the price point, so much so that I regretted selling it and recently bought another in 12, 16, 22 configuration in White Chocolate.
I'll drink to that!

Drummer_D

Rebuilt PDP in turquoise oyster; 10/13/16/20.
Rebuilt Fibes, using old white onyx PDP shells; 10/12/14/22.
Absolutely gorgeous! I love both kits. Congrats and enjoy!

Drummer_D

@Jeremy Crockett suggested that I post a pic of my newly-acquired Sonor Vintage 320 kit in California Blue:

IMG_1275.jpeg

Rebuilt PDP in turquoise oyster; 10/13/16/20.
Rebuilt Fibes, using old white onyx PDP shells; 10/12/14/22.
Absolutely gorgeous... enjoy!

Do you remember the thread on colors and set up weirdness?..such as chrome looks best on a 1 up 2 down..etc etc. If I would ever get a Ringo finish it would HAVE to be in the one up 2 down config ever since I saw it on the cover of the Johnny Winter live and recording with Bobby Caldwell on drums. To this day it has to be THAT set up .......for me....if it's black oyster pearl. I remember wanting to be Bobby Caldwell and how was that even possible without that setup?..its not. 😃

Back