Pic of yourself

Well here's a recent pic-and a shameless me showing off of my beautiful grand baby girl. She is too cute. I'm 64 years her senior-at least physically/chronologically. Mentally she's quantum leaps ahead of me. Give her a decade or so and she will be the Latest DW member. She can be GetAgrippasGrippa.

Attachments

• IMG_0025 copy.JPEG
    IMG_0025 copy.JPEG
    518 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Some recent pictures... one from a TV shoot, one from an XTC Convention in 2017.

We're recording a new album this summer, and I get to play bass on three of the songs (we have a couple of guest players handling the low-end on the other songs). Love it!

CCTppPm.jpg

I really like those Ibanez short scales. Bought one for the last place I worked and used to grab it when I had the chance...

a fellow amedia player i see! :D
Indeed! I've been playing them for 10 years - zero issues, & they still deliver everything I need. I have 3 sets that give me choices + others. My main gigging set is made up of a few series, including a couple of custom pieces 24" ride, 17", 17", 20" crashes, 12" splash, 14" hats, & a custom 24" paper thin china that comes out to play only occasionally. I have another set of Old School series that are dry & short 24" ride, 16",18" 20" crashes, 15" hats, and a Ahmet Legend set that deliver beautifully at low dynamic 20" ride, 15", 17", 20" crashes, 13" hats. I have a few pieces that I can add if I wish - 22" crash, 8" & 10" splashes of various series, and 22" ride, 17" + 19" crashes in Kommagene series for effects.

I like all the closer pics are backside and far pics on frontside. The photographer is a genius-you all look thirty years younger. LOL. hmmm Drummers just get no respect. I remember I was the man behind the curtain in one gig-I was tempted to bust out in full Oz-maybe wear a cape and a top hat all sparkly.

Indeed! I've been playing them for 10 years - zero issues, & they still deliver everything I need. I have 3 sets that give me choices + others. My main gigging set is made up of a few series, including a couple of custom pieces 24" ride, 17", 17", 20" crashes, 12" splash, 14" hats, & a custom 24" paper thin china that comes out to play only occasionally. I have another set of Old School series that are dry & short 24" ride, 16",18" 20" crashes, 15" hats, and a Ahmet Legend set that deliver beautifully at low dynamic 20" ride, 15", 17", 20" crashes, 13" hats. I have a few pieces that I can add if I wish - 22" crash, 8" & 10" splashes of various series, and 22" ride, 17" + 19" crashes in Kommagene series for effects.
awesome selection!! got a mix of thrace series and D series myself, they do everything i need, 18" med crash, 19" thin ride as a crash, 20" reg ride, 14" heavy thrace hats, 13" thrace med hats, and an 18" D series inverted bell china :)

My pic is in my avatar, so I'll post one that better represents the real me: bumbling, stumbling, confused, and perplexed. Actually, my wife snapped this photo immediately after I'd discovered that I'd just ruined a set of motorboards for my Altec speaker build by using the wrong template. Do you know how hard it is to find MDF that is 1.5 inches thick?

GeeDeeEmm

Screwup 002.JPG

awesome selection!! got a mix of thrace series and D series myself, they do everything i need, 18" med crash, 19" thin ride as a crash, 20" reg ride, 14" heavy thrace hats, 13" thrace med hats, and an 18" D series inverted bell china :)
Some cutting tones in there, but a ton of body too - great setup!
. Actually, my wife snapped this photo immediately after I'd discovered that I'd just ruined a set of motorboards for my Altec speaker build by using the wrong template. Do you know how hard it is to find MDF that is 1.5 inches thick?

GeeDeeEmm
Now that's a bummer - great shot though.

I like all the closer pics are backside and far pics on frontside. The photographer is a genius-you all look thirty years younger. LOL. hmmm Drummers just get no respect. I remember I was the man behind the curtain in one gig-I was tempted to bust out in full Oz-maybe wear a cape and a top hat all sparkly.
You should have busted out! ;)

These "photo's" are actually all screen shots taken from video. If I had to rely on actual photo's of me playing, I'd be even more invisible than I am now :(

Well.. I'm Mediocrefunkybeat aks MFB aka Duncan Taylor. I turned 17 this month and I've been playing the drums for 3 years now. I hail from Gravesend, Kent, England. It's an awful place with two claims to fame. i) Pocohontas is buried here ii) Iron Maiden used to play here in the 70's. In two bands, 'The Family Mystery' and an unamed metal band; although recently I've lost motivation to work in a band.

LOOK.jpg

Alcohol2.jpg

Moi.jpg

GINGER.jpg

These range from 8 months to 2 years old, it's me though. No decent recent ones on my photobucket account.
You would expect a town called 'Graves - End' to be dynamic, youthful and fizzing with energy, surely? ?

All this extra time at home allowed me to dig through old pics and whatnot, and I found this little gem, lol.
and I found or corrected the photo with the US flag in the proper profile.

Attachments

• 96521431_3472141446149175_5613354880996474880_n.jpeg
    96521431_3472141446149175_5613354880996474880_n.jpeg
    121.4 KB · Views: 9
Well here's a recent pic-and a shameless me showing off of my beautiful grand baby girl. She is too cute. I'm 64 years her senior-at least physically/chronologically. Mentally she's quantum leaps ahead of me. Give her a decade or so and she will be the Latest DW member. She can be GetAgrippasGrippa.
Awww, She's adorable.

Back