Pedal adjustment help please!

rrv24

Hi all,
I have a set of speed cobras that I've been using for a while. Recently, I set them up with the Drumeo Quiet Kick practice pad, and since the beaters there were reverse angled, I had to adjust my settings. I'm trying to put the regular beaters back now and I can't seem to get them to the original settings, despite changing every parameter I could - they either feel too slack or don't move at all. I don't have access to a bass drum for a bit, so I'd really appreciate any suggestions!

It looks like I've been able to make it better by adjusting the second spring below, but I didn't adjust it at all before switching beaters, so I'm wondering what else I should have changed.

Check the drive shaft attaching points and maybe rotate the shaft until the slave beater aligns with the other beater. Then loosen the shaft and reattach with the beater angles matching. I don’t think it’s a spring problem…

Tama pedals have markings (grooves) on the pedal angle adjustments. Set them to default (the center groove).
Then adjust your beaters so they're even (angle and height).
Then adjust your spring tensions so both beaters sway freely at the same speed.

cobrasettings.jpg

Thanks for the tips!! You were right @mrfingers - I left the springs alone and realized that the beater angles were off, and fiddling with that fixed it, thanks so much!
@bud7h4 I didn't notice the grooves before, thanks for pointing that out!

Back