Pearl vision ranking.

Rhythm666

Can get a good deal on a set of birch pearl visions. Were these a substitute for the exports or are they a set between the export and session series?

They replaced the Exports for a few years and I think they’re built much better than even the newer Exports. If you can live with the fact that you probably won’t be able to add to the set since Pearl has discontinued them a few years ago now, they’re great drums and id buy them. But lugs and spurs can still be had from certain dealers if you break something so you’re good there. I’d say they were right below the Session Series.

They replaced the Exports for a few years and I think they’re built much better than even the newer Exports. If you can live with the fact that you probably won’t be able to add to the set since Pearl has discontinued them a few years ago now, they’re great drums and id buy them. But lugs and spurs can still be had from certain dealers if you break something so you’re good there. I’d say they were right below the Session Series.
I think for the 300 dollars for just the drums without hardware i might go for it

I have a Pearl Vision kit (birch) as my first kit and I have no complaints. Finish and build quality is much higher than the price would suggest, only "downsides" are the tom mount (I think it's acceptable) and the stock heads.

German Ebay has a lot of additional drums on offer as well, I had no problem finding an additional 14" FT, even though it's in a different color.

I have a Pearl Vision kit (birch) as my first kit and I have no complaints. Finish and build quality is much higher than the price would suggest, only "downsides" are the tom mount (I think it's acceptable) and the stock heads.

German Ebay has a lot of additional drums on offer as well, I had no problem finding an additional 14" FT, even though it's in a different color.
Treverer i live in the Netherlands, the german ebay is that www.ebay.de?
Will check it out then, the set that i can buy has 10,12 inch toms and a 16 inch floor with a 22x18 bass drum, might look for a 14 floor then.

This is the set guys, just the shell pack. 10 and 12 inch toms,16 inch floor and 22x18 inch bass drum. Whats the difference between the Visions with the black badge as opposed to the ones with the more silvery color badge? Gonna pimp it a bit and give it my own twist.

with this roundPearl Vision drums.jpgPearl Vision drums-1.jpg

Whats the difference between the Visions with the black badge as opposed to the ones with the more silvery color badge?

That is some class work. Now if they sound as good as they look, that's a definite deal for 250. Congrats.

I posted this and had to come back to say that your remodel is one of the best I have ever seen. But now you made them too nice to gig. lol

Last edited:
They look great! I really like the color reversal of the toms vs the bass drum. That's a nice touch. Be sure to post pics of them set up.
Just curious, is the wrap a thick drum wrap, or is it adhesive vinyl?

There were a lot of different Vision lines:
VB - standard version with a wrap
VBL - lacquered shells
VBA - shells with Artisan finish (still a wrap). Most of the time a special edition with standard 22x18, 10x7, 12x8, 14x12, 16x14 and 14x5.5" snare sizes and came with a hardware pack

I have a VBA in Dynamite Burst and use it at home as my practice kit. Great kit!
Can't access my older pics right now, but here's a pic of the promotional pictures.

1596713572889.png

Indeed replace the mounts. I swapped the ISS mounts to OptiMounts and that improves the resonance.

Last edited:

I was always under the impression the Vision line replaced the Session line around 2007/2008. Luckily Pearl still has their catalogs online and i browsed through them. They're indeed listed near the Export lines or above the Forum line in the earlier days. The maple Export was listed above the Vision line, obviously because it was maple.

They look great! I really like the color reversal of the toms vs the bass drum. That's a nice touch. Be sure to post pics of them set up.
Just curious, is the wrap a thick drum wrap, or is it adhesive vinyl?
A thick car wrap, thnx for liking the reversal look, think its bitchin too.

There were a lot of different Vision lines:
VB - standard version with a wrap
VBL - lacquered shells
VBA - shells with Artisan finish (still a wrap). Most of the time a special edition with standard 22x18, 10x7, 12x8, 14x12, 16x14 and 14x5.5" snare sizes and came with a hardware pack

I have a VBA in Dynamite Burst and use it at home as my practice kit. Great kit!
Can't access my older pics right now, but here's a pic of the promotional pictures.

View attachment 94807

Indeed replace the mounts. I swapped the ISS mounts to OptiMounts and that improves the resonance.
Are the difference in the badges the year they were made ? The black oval one later then the silvery ones?

Are the difference in the badges the year they were made ? The black oval one later then the silvery ones?

I assumed they all had the black logo, but apparently there was a VX, VSX and VBX line as well that features the silver logo. They appear (after glancing at these catalogs https://www.pearldrum.com/support/product-catalogs/ ) to be an early/earlier version of the Vision line. Around 2011 they changed to the VB, VBA and VBX lines (don't see the other listed in the 2011 catalog anymore).

Man there were a lot of Vision lines back in the day!

Back