PDP Concept Cymbal Arms

MrLeadFoot

Silver Member
Anyone have any of these PDP Concept arms? I currently using 2 awesome Pearl CH2000S, 3 Tama MCB30EN, and an older Tama 18" with 6mm ratchet tilter that I'd like to replace with something with an 8mm gearless tilter.

I'm not interested in Gibraltar for this, because their rods are too large in diameter to universally fit other manufacturers' downtubes, and limits their versatility.

While I was going to go with a Tama MCB45EN, I waited just one week too long, and they are now hard to get without being price gouged. I like the concept, no pun intended, of the PDP Concept line, and their reasonable price. Trouble is, PDP is terrible at providing details about these pieces. I mean, I looked at all details I could find, including their promo videos, and I am surprised at how little they seem to want you to know about their design. For example, are these "infinite" tilters made with discs, balls, etc., or are they just sandwiching two pieces together? Are they embarrassed about how they're made, or what? Because of the lack of details, I can't help but wonder if the tilter will slip, and if it's just lousy quality.

There are no pics or videos of measured lengths of these, either. The long one is described as 16". Where is that measurement taken from? End of the boom to where? Middle of the tilter, beginning or far end? Or is it the length of the boom rod, because if it is, then the usable length is really only like 13" or 14".

I'd appreciate hearing from someone who has experience with these.

Last edited:

MrLeadFoot

Silver Member
Wow, not ONE Concept cymbal hardware use on here? Guess those arms must suck.

rain dog

i have a PDP concept boom arm with 9" tube. it has to be clamped to something but works well and is of high quality. i use it for a 12" splash cymbal.

MrLeadFoot

Silver Member
Thanks for the replies thus far. Glad to hear they are indeed of quality.

I guess I wasn't as clear as I should have been in my original post, but I'm trying to determine how they measure their stated lengths. Does the stated length refer to the length of the rod itself, the length from the the rod-end to somewhere in the middle of the tilter when the tilter is placed the farthest possible point on the rod, or the length from the rod-end to the tip of the tilter placed at the farthest possible position with the tilter oriented straight?

I ask, becuse I need to replace a current boom arm that is 17.75" long, so even if you guys have the short version of the Concept arm, if you can provide me with measurements of the particular ones you have, I can compare those measurements to DW's own specs which will help me understand where they take their measurements from, and that would help me figure out whether or not the long one I'm looking at will work for me.

Thanks again.

Last edited: