On what albums do you think every single song is excellent?

firstalbum-300x300.jpg
Yup. Wish I saw more votes for this. The perfect album.

And, if I may be so bold, it doesn't get nearly enough respect in rock history. Music Changed after this album.

I would have added it to my list but "let me take you home tonight" doesn't work for me.

Nirvana- Nevermind
Rage Again The Machines first album
L7- The Beauty Process: Triple Platinum
Rancid-...and Out Comes The Wolves
Bad Religion- Stranger than Fiction
Pearl Jam- Ten

I won't had the obvious which have already been listed (Dark side, Back in black, Appetite, Abbey Road, Led Zep IV, Metallica black album, OK computer...)
I will add some :
Neal Morse Band : the great adventure, perfect all along
Flying Colors : the first album, perfect sound perfect tracks.
Buckley : Grace

King Crimson : Court of the Crimson King
Marillion : Misplaced childhood - though I could do without the very last track.

Koloss - Meshuggah
Obzen - Meshuggah
Chaosphere - Meshuggah
Catch 33 - Meshuggah
Vulgar Display of Power - Pantera
Reinventing the Steel - Pantera
Cowboys from Hell - Pantera
Feel the Fire - Overkill
Fragile - Yes
Metal Fatigue - Allan Holdsworth
Outside - David Bowie
Februus - Uneven Structure
Return of Crystal Karma - Glen Hughes
Houses of the Holy - Led Zeppelin
HellYeah - HellYeah
Lifa -Heilung
Watermark - Enya
Keep on Moving - Soul II Soul
Sevendust - Sevendust
Animosity - Sevendust
Blood Sugar Sex Magik - Red Hot Chili Peppers
The Fragile - NIN
Vivid - Living Colour
Wrath - Lamb of God
Altered State - TesseracT
One - TesseracT
Polaris - TesseracT

and NO ONE has mentioned any King Diamond albums, I know the voice is not everyone's cup of tea, but the musicianship on those albums (Them. Abigail and others) is just too good to ignore. I say there are no bad tracks on any of those albums.

Slayer Seasons of the abyss
Metallica Master of puppets
Sepultura Beneath the remains
Queensryche Operation Mindcrime
Judas Priest Painkiller
Megadeth Rust in Peace
Angeles Del Infierno Pacto con el diablo
Black Sabbath Headless Cross
Jinjer King of everything
I can probably come up with hundreds more but that is just MY personal taste...

and NO ONE has mentioned any King Diamond albums, I know the voice is not everyone's cup of tea, but the musicianship on those albums (Them. Abigail and others) is just too good to ignore. I say there are no bad tracks on any of those albums.

Completely agree on "Them" (I haven't heard the others). While the singing can get old, the music is out of this world. It's a perfect metal album. Back when I played guitar this album was a game changer for me. You know, if King D would sing with his normal voice more often it would be amazing. (Rob Halford too. Like he did in older Priest).

Last edited:
Completely agree on "Them". I actually looked for a way to remove the vocal track because while the singing can get old, the music is out of this world. It's a perfect metal album. Back when I played guitar this album was a game changer for me. You know, if King D would sing with his normal voice more often it would be amazing. (Rob Halford too. Like he did in older Priest).
Yes the guitar work on those albums is spectacular, very underrated if you ask me.
also agree on King singing on his regular voice would still sound great .
guitars aside, if you look at the entire picture, the song stories, the creepy initial keyboards on some songs, the whole atmosphere, then, drums kicking in only to launch a devastating guitar onslaught combined with a very groovy feel. Man I miss proper music like this. bands today are focusing too much in being overly technical but lacking groove, I can appreciate the display of chops but I get bored after a little while, on the other hand when listening to albums such as Them or Abigail, I can listen all the way trough and still remain interested. as a matter of fact I listened to Fatal Portrait recently and discovered lots of nuances I had not heard before. Also having the lyrics make a huge difference on how you feel about the singing, it's similar to Queensryche's Operation Mindcrime where the story is engaging and the music is just superb as well. like I said, I miss music like that....:cry:

Right off the top of my head, without going through my record collection for reminders, these are a few of the albums that I can listen (and re-listen) to all the way through without being inclined to skip certain songs that are marginal or obvious fillers. I'm already loading others into my consciousness, some of them even more noteworthy than these - but this is a good, faltering start.

GeeDeeEmm

th
th
th
th
th
th
th
Queen+-+A+Day+at+the+Races.jpg
th

Them Crooked Vultures - Them Crooked Vultures
White Stripes - Elephant
Jimi Hendrix - Axis
Eminem - Marshall Mathers EP
Dean Martin - I'm not going to pick it apart.

Back