Old Yamaha Kit- Help with ID?

Why don't you just get a tape measure out if it's that important?

well... i did. but I'm not 100% of my measurements because I don't want to take the heads off. (they sound great!). sounds silly but i know for a fact that my floor tom is 16x16 but when I think i'm measuring just the shell it's not exactly 16in's so if i can't measure a known depth on one of them i don't want to make a mistake on the rest.

I just find it weird that i can not find these measurements on the web. But yes you're right, I guess i will have to de-head the drums to be 100% sure.

I even put in a help request from Yamaha themselves but so far no response.

UPDATE: the vault DOES have the 80's drums after all. you just have to put in the cryptic codes:

so TT-813 F really means PTT-813C! intuitive right?!?! anyway it works.

thank to Yamaha and the awesome PM i got from Simbe! thank you!

to OAK custom.... how would it be?
I want to find out for ATT8144 QOM5994
How old would it be? The first three letters of the serial number (on the right) are the code for the date of manufacture:

QO = 08 = 2008
M = 6 = June

So this Oak Custom tom was made in June 2008.

And the model number (on the left side of badge) may actually be NTT814... and entering NTT-814 (with the added hyphen) into Yamaha’s Drum Vault page below, will display its specifications:

dude, i have. my request is annoying simple. all i need is the depths no doubt my TT810 is a 10in tom but no catalog tells the actual depth. I have pretty much figured out that i have power toms so add an inch?!?! i'm just looking for any concrete evidence of this fact.

i've been to the "vault" on Yamaha's site but as luck would have it they do not have any model numbers with the "F" in it - meaning power tour series.

I'm not sure why this info is so hard to find on the web but it is. I've stated my model numbers and serial numbers but no one on earth can provide the depth of a 10, 13, 16 tom, and a 22 bass drum from the power series.

hence my deliberate post.

that catalog you posted is great and DOES state the exact drum kit I own, but does it publish the depths? ... no it doesn't. not sure why, but it doesn't...

my main goal is to purchase cases (beato bags) for my drums and don't want to order the wrong sizes. plain and simple.

but thank you very much for your reply man! :)

Its 10x8 its in the 1980 catalog!

Sn model decipher

Back