NPD Czarcie Kopyto Double

Why are the pedals very different?

They can believe what they want, others believe in Santa Claus.
Hey man, you're not really adding to the discussion. Go be a contrarian some place else.

Reggae - Sweet pedals! Thanks for the review. I hope to get to try them someday (I really just want to feel how heavy they are). Looking forward to that video.

-Jonathan

What I post and where, I decide and not you, is it clear?
Cute. I'm not here to argue and you obviously have something to prove.

Back on track; reggae do you play in any bands? I'd be curious to see the tempos you play at. I don't venture much above 180 on some modded Iron Cobras (Trick linkage and heavier beaters) but I've been thinking about direct drives for a while now to help with the fast stuff.

-Jonathan

Oh yes, I want to prove something. That a factual discussion with some people is not possible. I asked two clear questions: "where is the problem?" and "why are the pedals very different?" Neither reggae nor you have answered, only cheap sayings come instead. What discussion are you talking about? A discussion means arguments and you have none.

Oh yes, I want to prove something. That a factual discussion with some people is not possible. I asked two clear questions: "where is the problem?" and "why are the pedals very different?" Neither reggae nor you have answered, only cheap sayings come instead. What discussion are you talking about? A discussion means arguments and you have none.

For someone who thinks there are no better or worse pedals, and they can all feel the same after adjusting them, you sure do spend a lot of time in the drum pedals area of this forum. Looks like 180 posts, ONLY in the pedals area. Seems like this you have an agenda here, although if you are trying to promote a specific pedal, I can't tell. And trolling the drum pedals area of a forum seems awfully specific and like a small audience

Hey man, you're not really adding to the discussion. Go be a contrarian some place else.

Reggae - Sweet pedals! Thanks for the review. I hope to get to try them someday (I really just want to feel how heavy they are). Looking forward to that video.

-Jonathan

This dude did this on a few of the other posts as well. Trolls often try to take over a thread until people quit posting. Just ignore him. He doesn't know what he's talking about anyways. Reggie should just enjoy the fact that every time he posts it bumps his post up to the top :)

Good review bud, and I hope to try some one day. Could you post some pictures of the shaft attachments at some point? My biggest gripe with axis is that the shaft on the connection rod is round. They slip. but if you get an aftermarket like the ACD shaft, you will find very quick that the right and left Axis pedals are not built to the same height. With no height adjustment, you are forced to use the round shaft to get the left pedal to the right height. It's quite annoying.

Most modern pedals are based on the same basic design (Camco pedal - DW and Tama - other modern pedals). That said, a lot of parameters may affect the outcoming feel of the pedal. Length, angle (I believe the difference between Iron Cobra and Speed Cobra), cam size and profile, shaft height vs. beater length, footboard mass (weight), etc., etc.. I don't think most of these can be rectified by just adjusting the spring tension or beater angle. :unsure:

Back on track; reggae do you play in any bands? I'd be curious to see the tempos you play at. I don't venture much above 180 on some modded Iron Cobras (Trick linkage and heavier beaters) but I've been thinking about direct drives for a while now to help with the fast stuff.

-Jonathan

I don't really play too fast, topping out at about 200-210 bpm if I want to play fast for any meaningful stretch of time. This grind track is about the fastest I ever played on a recording:
I do play in a band, but I'm not sure it's working out. I'm more interested in my solo project, for which I'm tracking drums now.

As far as direct drives for fast playing - there's definitely a reason most modern drummers use direct drives, since they do seem to add a few bpm with less effort than a traditional chain drive. However, they do take a bit of getting used to and you may even find that you prefer chain drives. I'd suggest definitely trying one or two to see what you make of them.

Good review bud, and I hope to try some one day. Could you post some pictures of the shaft attachments at some point? My biggest gripe with axis is that the shaft on the connection rod is round. They slip. but if you get an aftermarket like the ACD shaft, you will find very quick that the right and left Axis pedals are not built to the same height. With no height adjustment, you are forced to use the round shaft to get the left pedal to the right height. It's quite annoying.

Hey man, I'll be happy to oblige. Will try to take a shot tonight. It's worth noting though that the connecting rod doesn't have round shaft attachments, it's the type where one side is a straight line, which means you have to orient it the right way to fit it in.

This really isn't a factual discussion or even a useful argument. No one on this thread agrees with you, so you start getting angry and talking about "cheap sayings" and whatnot.

I suggest you make a youtube video about how "all pedals are the same". You'll garner a million hits and be famous. Or be lampooned like a know-it-all.

Either way, you're free to your opinion. I suggest you sell your pedal and get something off Aliexpress. Because all pedals feel the same. (We need a facepalm icon).

EDIT: Killed the video, will post a new one later today.

Hi, a short video of the pedals in action. I apologise for not being able to get a multi-cam video going, too many things going on. Any errors in the playing are obviously my fault, but these are very smooth pedals!

Here are some pix to make up for the lack of shots in the video, including the shaft attachments.

Last edited:
There are no heavy or light pedals. There is only right or wrong adjustment. In extreme cases, it is the spring.

The weight of the footboard has nothing to do with the feeling. As I said, it's all a question of the right or wrong adjustment.

I don`t believe it, i know it.

They can believe what they want, others believe in Santa Claus.

What I post and where, I decide and not you, is it clear?

Who decides? You?

One last time: where are the arguments?

I bet you're a blast at parties.

At risk of being attacked over my playing (a clear and present danger with the troll venting at how we can't even form opinions for ourselves), here's a short demo of the pedals being played. Sorry the room is dark and the camera angle is terrible. I was triggering Superior Drummer 3 with a Roland TD30, I've mixed in a bit of the camera audio so you can see there are no studio tricks being employed. Nothing pre-planned, just some straight ahead double bass in all my limited drum ability! I hope you enjoy it, these are great pedals! ;)

I bet he's the type that likes to start fist fights when he's drinking. lol
Interesting he never presents a cogent argument just “I know” which isn’t an argument. Then too the administrators give the final say what we can post because they can remove any comment and even ban anyone for inappropriate ones.

Interesting he never presents a cogent argument just “I know” which isn’t an argument. Then too the administrators give the final say what we can post because they can remove any comment and even ban anyone for inappropriate ones.
It's not just this thread. He seems to pick a fight in every thread he posts in.

At risk of being attacked over my playing (a clear and present danger with the troll venting at how we can't even form opinions for ourselves), here's a short demo of the pedals being played.
As a metal head and a person in the market for double pedals, thank you for posting! I don’t post very often but I read everyday. I appreciate any double pedal or metal discussions. FWIW I thought it sounded gold.

nice looking pedal glad it does what you need to! :) you're right on the cost, its quite pricey for what it is, and the waiting period isnt exactly a quick turnover either. but ive read reviews from various drummers who swear by these pedals, though one day i would like to try them for myself as i dont like spending a lot of cash without trying the products first.

Back