Nick D'Virgilio - My new Sabian Cymbal stash

newoldie

Silver Member
A bunch of new Sabian cymbals and models demo'd, with the usual informative, concise and entertaining reviews by Nick D. I love watching his videos and his drumming at the end with those cymbals sounds beautiful.

JimmyM

Platinum Member
I liked the AA crash and the Jojo Mayers. Not really big on the others.

JimmyM

Platinum Member
A few takeaways here.

What a positive guy. Absolutely love how positive he is. I really like those hi hats, they're excellent.

Has anybody else noticed the distinct lack of 'Sabian' logos on most of the cymbals? Maybe even Sabian has realised their new logo is absolutely awful...
I believe it goes on the bottom now.

mikyok

Platinum Member
Loved his Neal Morse Spock's Beard work. I've never got chance to see him, even though Spock's Beard played a couple of miles away from home until he left and they still do.

He always used Mapex and Meinl (Paiste before that)

I take the Sweetwater stuff with a pinch of salt, he's a salesman and it's business.

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
Loved his Neal Morse Spock's Beard work. I've never got chance to see him, even though Spock's Beard played a couple of miles away from home until he left and they still do.
I saw when he filled in for Fates Warning at least twice. Maybe 3 times?

mikyok

Platinum Member
I saw when he filled in for Fates Warning at least twice. Maybe 3 times?
I've seen Spock's Beard since he left and saw Neal Morse not long after Spock's Beard.

Neal Morse is one of the best prog gigs I've ever seen and the 5th time I've seen Mike Portnoy

Drumolator

Platinum Member
Now Nick knows that Sabian rocks. I really like his enthusiasm. Peace and goodwill

steadypocket

Gold Member

He always used Mapex and Meinl (Paiste before that)

I take the Sweetwater stuff with a pinch of salt, he's a salesman and it's business.
Indeed, the end goal is to move product. With that said, he does that job very well. Nick seems to be a class guy, and those that know him attest to that. Oh, and he’s a phenomenal player.