New Roland TD27KV2, VAD504, 507 and TD17KVX2

Doraemon

It seems they added the VH14D digital hats to the kit and replaced the crashes with new, thinner ones. The module has new sounds, but is still called TD27 with any x or 2 in the end, and I read it will just be an update later this year released for previous owners, too. Same goes for the TD17 which they now sell with the new thin cymbals as TD-17KVX2 & TD-17KV2. What do you think?

Last edited:

toddmc

Gold Member
Some nice upgrades for sure (wonder if the price remains the same on these new kits though)?

Also, good to see current TD17/ 27 owners can update their software to the latest version (they'll still have to put up with their "thick cymbals" unfortunately) ;)

Doraemon

Some nice upgrades for sure (wonder if the price remains the same on these new kits though)?
TD27kv2 seems to be $3499.99 which is probably annoying to those who paid the same a few months ago for one without the VH14D. I see some old 27kv for $2999 which just makes no sense now. Maybe if they take it down to the Labor Day price around $2600..
It seems the TD17kvx2 is $2100 and pushed the old one to $1700, which is sweet. The new one has the thin cymbals, including 14" CY-14R-T ride. I have no idea what the deal is with those thin cymbals and wheather it's worth the differnce, or how their durability will be.

Hypercaffium

I was about to buy a customized TD-17KVX (V1) from drum-tec, I guess I'lll wait a little bit.

The new/updated models are

TD17KV2, TD17KVX2, TD27KV2, VAD307, VAD504, VAD507​

Doraemon

I just realized the TD50kv2 already came with a thin cymbal, CY-16R-T. The CY-14C-T also has been around for two years now. I wonder how they compare to the old one and to a Lemon - which looks quite similar. Except the new Roland seems to be all sealed and so unrepairable :/

toddmc

Gold Member
It seems the TD17kvx2 is $2100 and pushed the old one to $1700, which is sweet. The new one has the thin cymbals, including 14" CY-14R-T ride. I have no idea what the deal is with those thin cymbals and wheather it's worth the differnce, or how their durability will be.
Durability remains to be seen I guess but according to my old mate Justin (65Drums) they certainly feel a lot more "natural" / nicer to play than the thicker ones.