New Ludwig Standards

pocket player

This is the rewrapped set of Ludwig Standards I'm picking up next week. Love the wrap. I call it Burgundy Oyster. I have seen 60's Japanese drums in this wrap.
Beautiful ,enjoy .i love the sound of my restored 70's ludwig standards . Their sound seems to say to a band ,hey i am a melodic instrument also !!

JimmyM

Gold Member
From what I understand, Standards have the same shells as Classics but with less expensive lugs, so good call. Love the wrap, too. Enjoy!

BobC

Yes, same shell as the Ludwig Classics, just different hardware. As soon as I played these drums, I fell in love with the sound. The toms are coming with coated Ambassadors on top and some off brand reso heads on the bottom, but they sound great. I usually don't like Ambassadors on toms, but these sound spectacular, so I'll leave them on.

JimmyM

Gold Member
Yes, same shell as the Ludwig Classics, just different hardware. As soon as I played these drums, I fell in love with the sound. The toms are coming with coated Ambassadors on top and some off brand reso heads on the bottom, but they sound great. I usually don't like Ambassadors on toms, but these sound spectacular, so I'll leave them on.
I'm going all coated Ambassadors on my Classic Maple set, top and bottom, except for the bass, which will have a fancy schmancy design, so it'll get a black Aquarian since black Remos are considerably more expensive :D But I absolutely love Ambassadors on everything.

pocket player

agreed ,they have their own voice

pocket player

I'm going all coated Ambassadors on my Classic Maple set, top and bottom, except for the bass, which will have a fancy schmancy design, so it'll get a black Aquarian since black Remos are considerably more expensive :D But I absolutely love Ambassadors on everything.
if you need to muffle the bass drum,a felt strip on the reso head worked perfect for me. good luck

JimmyM

Gold Member
if you need to muffle the bass drum,a felt strip on the reso head worked perfect for me. good luck
Picked up a bunch of white felt yesterday, my brother! I've got another head I want to try out first, then I'm doing the Ambassador.