New Kit: What to Look For When Delivered

A good friend of mine is a UPS regional transportation manager and the horror stories he tells me , just be cautious and Document everything

Hopefully your fed ex drivers are better then mine! If no signature is required they set the box by my door and literally run back to their truck without even a knock on the door. If it requires a signature they quietly sneak up to my door like a friggin Scooby doo cartoon and place a signature requirement tag on my door (without knocking or making any attempt to actually obtain my signature) then run away. In my area USPS and Amazon drivers seem to be the only reliable ones unfortunately.
A fed ex driver recently left a set of new DWs in my driveway. He was already down the street before I realized he left em. Glad I was home.

Hello all,

If you were getting a new drum kit delivered, what would be the first things you look for to ensure the kit is the way it should be? I.E. measure the roundness (proper diameter), check bearing edges, etc.
Based on your recent posts, you're looking to get a new set. Anything in particular you're interested in?

A fed ex driver recently left a set of new DWs in my driveway. He was already down the street before I realized he left em. Glad I was home.

Interesting. So what happened next? Did you make him wait until you opened the boxes and inspected the drums?

Based on your recent posts, you're looking to get a new set. Anything in particular you're interested in?

Already ordered a new kit several months ago. A Tama Star Walnut. It's in the process of being shipped, and I'm paranoid about FedEx destroying the drums during shipment. Doesn't help that everything was going fine until this morning, when I got a notification that there was a "shipment exception" because the barcode was "unreadable and needed to be replaced". I am thinking: how does a barcode become so unreadable? I hope the boxes aren't being destroyed.

Interesting. So what happened next? Did you make him wait until you opened the boxes and inspected the drums?

Already ordered a new kit several months ago. A Tama Star Walnut. It's in the process of being shipped, and I'm paranoid about FedEx destroying the drums during shipment. Doesn't help that everything was going fine until this morning, when I got a notification that there was a "shipment exception" because the barcode was "unreadable and needed to be replaced". I am thinking: how does a barcode become so unreadable? I hope the boxes aren't being destroyed.
Despite what some people say, Fed Ex drivers aren't going to wait for you to open up and inspect a drum set. it's not like you can file a claim with the driver. The drums were fine though.

Don't sweat it yet. Chances are the drums will be delivered with no problem. If they're not, just document and reach out to the shop and they'll take care of you. On the downside, a Tama star drum may take a while to be replaced if something is damaged.

Packages just arrived. Supposed to be 5 packages, and I'm missing one (only got 4 packages). I was on a customer call, so my wife accepted the packages. The driver acknowledged that they were missing one package. They were supposed to require a signature for sign-off, but they never asked my wife for one.

F*cking Awesome.

Then on paper you never got them ?

Shipment was marked as delivered. Only 4 of the 5 packages were delivered. Missing the stands. Reached out to the shop, they said: "I'm not sure why your local driver did not request a signature. The stands were shipped a day after the set so they may be a day behind."

Well I'm sure everything will arrive shortly then , in the mean time you a new kit to put together ?

giphy.gif

Shipment was marked as delivered. Only 4 of the 5 packages were delivered. Missing the stands. Reached out to the shop, they said: "I'm not sure why your local driver did not request a signature. The stands were shipped a day after the set so they may be a day behind."
Sounds like you’ll get the stands in a day or so. How are the drums? Post pics when you can

Back