New Heads for a Premier Resonator

Winston_Wolf

Platinum Member
Have you considered any of Aquarian's offerings?

I've been a pinstripe player for decades, but I'm about to try the Performance 2 as I've heard good things about them. I'll order a Response 2 and a Studio X as well just in case the Performance 2s are too dead for me.
I've used Performance 2's before. They are very Pinstripe-like and they're great for adding a little focus. I used them mostly on a birch kit and they toned down the brightness a little but kept them sounding big and full. I really like the Response 2 a lot as well. I'm definitely a 2-ply tom head kind of a guy so I've experimented a lot with almost all of Aquarian's offerings, from Super 2, Response 2, Performance 2, and the Force 10.
I am open to other options such as what Harry said above. I only put those as that's what I'd been told would be best, so please if you think there is something better for me let me know. Thanks
I think Pinstripes are a great choice for your drums to get the sound you are probably looking for. My favorite Remo head is the Vintage Emperor so I'd recommend those too.

Reactions: Pig

Pig

I've used Performance 2's before. They are very Pinstripe-like and they're great for adding a little focus. I used them mostly on a birch kit and they toned down the brightness a little but kept them sounding big and full. I really like the Response 2 a lot as well. I'm definitely a 2-ply tom head kind of a guy so I've experimented a lot with almost all of Aquarian's offerings, from Super 2, Response 2, Performance 2, and the Force 10.

I think Pinstripes are a great choice for your drums to get the sound you are probably looking for. My favorite Remo head is the Vintage Emperor so I'd recommend those too.
Thank you

Pig

Resonators are a different beast. You do have the lining in no?. Back in the day they were a contender for me as I dig Premier kits. I've owned 3..no resonators. They have their own sound from what I gather. Patty Smyth..THE WARRIOR tune had resonators on it if I'm not mistaken. Without the liner aren't the shells basically premier projectors?. Loads of experimentation on those babies. What a coooool kit!.
Yes I have the liners in. They really give out a boom as it is, so looking forward to putting decent heads on