New Giant Beats!

Yeah deliberated on the big beats too and sound edge no shortage of great reviews!! Don’t see myself ever parting with these but maybe get to try more down the road!!

Play them - don't bash them. I really like Giant Beats, but I've seen a whole lot of dented up, bent ones.

My 18 is bent...but not from playing. My drums were on an outdoor stage. The stage was on a football field. Heavy winds that day. I should've widened the legs of the stand. I was away from the stage when a massive gust of wind blew the 18 off the stage. It landed in the grass. It has a slight bend on the edge. Still playable, just doesn't sound quite as good as it used to.

Play them - don't bash them. I really like Giant Beats, but I've seen a whole lot of dented up, bent ones.

Are they that thin or are they mistreated?

I just picked up a used 20 giant beat thin 2 days ago, and I couldn't agree more with all the positive reviews. I fell in love with the cymbal immediately when they let me test it out at guitar center, put it on layaway the same day I tested it.

Just took delivery of 15,18,20,24 giants beats....wow!!! Always played zildjian and Sabian but never quite bonded with any...these things are just awesome

I have the same sizes in K-Thin/Light/Dark on a 13/16/24 kit, and there is a trade off when playing big pies....

The trade off is that every other drum set that you play will feel comically small to you now, as if you are a giant playing a child's kit. You'll see a 20" ride and think, "That tiny thing is a ride?".

Don't know if it's true, but I've read that they're intended for lower volume, jazz/acoustic type settings.
And when people use them with high volume amplified stuff, they have to bash the snot out of them to try and keep up.
Hence the damage.

Bonham used them, but I don't know if they're currently made the same way as back then.

They are loud enough and cut through loud guitars just fine, Even more so than Zildjian A's.

These are B8's, they have darker yet shimmery sound at the same time, Magical! I have 2002's med and thins too, but the Giant Beats are special.

My 22" ride agrees with this message.

I have the same sizes in K-Thin/Light/Dark on a 13/16/24 kit, and there is a trade off when playing big pies....

The trade off is that every other drum set that you play will feel comically small to you now, as if you are a giant playing a child's kit. You'll see a 20" ride and think, "That tiny thing is a ride?".

Washy for sure

It sounds like my dream cymbal.
I just need to decide between the 20" and 22" GB.

I think it will compliment my current Paistes:
* 22" Formula 602 Medium Ride
* 18" Signature Full Crash

Also on the wish list:
* HH TBD?, leaning sound edge). (Currently playing PST7's, which remind me of the 404's I had in the 80's).
* PST X Swiss Thin Crash

Last edited:
It sounds like my dream cymbal.
I just need to decide between the 20" and 22" GB.

I think it will compliment my current Paistes:
* 22" Formula 602 Medium Ride
* 18" Signature Full Crash

Also on the wish list:
* HH TBD?, leaning sound edge). (Currently playing PST7's, which remind me of the 404's I had in the 80's).
* PST X Swiss Thin Crash
They make the 18 and 20 in thin style as well, I ended up with the 20 thin myself

Back