New DTX8 and 10 kits / DTX-PROX module / 17" ride etc

electrodrummer

With pads options that are throwback to the birch RHP pads from about 20 years ago in the DTXtreme :)

1631721004147.png

roncadillac

Thank you for sharing! This will sound blasphemous but if I could use the above snare and cymbals with the rubber tom pads and smaller black rack from the dtx6 line I would be all in. I just really don't like the idea of lugging around drum shells just simply so they look like adrums. If I'm choosing edrums a large part of that is for their slimmer design and light weight... If I'm lugging full drum shells I'm just going to play adrums.

Last edited:

electrodrummer

Thank you for sharing! This will sound blasphemous but if I could use the above snare and cymbals with the rubber tom pads and smaller black rack from the dtx6 line I would be all in. I just really don't like the idea of lugging around drum shells just simply so they look like adrums. If I'm choosing edrums a large part of that is for their slier design and light weight... If I'm lugging full drum shells I'm just going to play adrums.
You'll be able to use rubber pads as you can with the DTX-PRO (as supplied with the 6 and 8 kits). The DTX-PROX will just be an expanded version of that module (individual outs etc) - they even share the same Reference Manual.

Neal Pert

Man, I hope this means a new Multi is in the works.

Neal Pert

BTW, Yamaha's putting up stuff about these on Instagram now:

Birdy

It’ll be gold coloured cymbals next…
Seriously though, I almost immediately sought bigger tcs pads for my DTX6.
I haven’t really touched the adjustments on the Pro module as they are lurking in the menus, so the tweaking you can access straight from the switches on the ProX module is appealing.
I thought I’d got the ideal kit, then this appears.
I have yet to try high quality mesh as an option to my tcs pads.

Birdy

Not sure what that is…..

JohnRick

I saw this on Facebook this morning and wrote a short post about it. If the only upgrade is the acoustic looking shells, positional sensing on ride and snare and "ability to store a lot of samples" and choosing between mesh and TCS (I always prefer TCS), there is really no reason at all to upgrade from my old DTX900. Quote:

"Recording, rehearsing and practicing on my trustworthy DTX900 since many years back, this obviously peeks my interest. For me, I will still always use other drum software for recording and releases. so the module sounds are fairly irrelevant. The sensitivity is paramount though, so a choice between mesh or TCS (I prefer TCS) is good.

Apart from the looks I would need to know what this DTX10 offers that I cannot really already access with my old DTX900 or rebuilt acoustic shells and a separate module. If positional sensing is on EVERYTHING (not just ride and/or snare) it might well be an incentive. But the real dealbreaker is – as we all know – the hi-hat. If that has changed significantly to the better from the old (and still good) RH135 I will maybe reconsider.

The demo is yet to reveal any of the above, but maybe there will be a new proper demo published soon saying how they have completely revamped the hi-hat and revolutionized the piezo sensitivity and trigger zones?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQquysYhHUk
"

toddmc

Gold Member
Just watched Justin's review of these yesterday. Will be interesting to see how many people will fork out the extra dough for silicon pads when they now have the option of mesh heads at a cheaper price.

Lummox

The ProX module still has the same number of inputs and will still require Y-splitter cables to use the complete 14 triggers. I use all the inputs on my DTX 502 and the cabling gets messy with all the splitters hanging out the back.

I thought they might have increased the number of inputs.

MusiQmaN

Platinum Member
According to E legend Simon Edgoose, the module is a serious step up from the 900, Like a lot.

this in terms of sound, response, and functions.

I love how its a upgraded throwback to the RHP shells.

Especially with the silicone addition. Those blow any mesh head out of the water.

roncadillac

Man, that 17" ride must be a treat to play.

The video with Larnell Lewis is pretty wild. I'll take it with a grain of salt of course considering it's their own marketing video but it's safe to say these are a heavy contender vs the high end Roland offerings. I also like how it has some of the pearl emerge vibe but not quite as bulky.

Birdy

For us cheapskates, are there any drum cases that could just be fitted to xp pads to get the same effect?

Trip McNealy

Gold Member
Can't wait to try/buy a 17" cymbal - I love the feel and hammered look of the PCYxx5 cymbal pads.

The new module looks straight out of 20 years ago though LOL! Deduction in points for aesthetics! :)