new drummer

who is you favorite drummer

• Buddy rich,chad smith,john bonnum,peter criss,alex van halen,ericc carr,ringo starr,stephen taylor

• Buddy rich,chad smith,john bonnum,peter criss,alex van halen,ericc carr,ringo starr,stephen taylor

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ahhhh yeeeesssss....new blood fellas!!!!!

just start reading threads. BUT, don't get overwhelmed. There is SOOOOO much information, banter, opinions, gear, music, techniques, how to videos etc... that you can get lost and really feel like you are behind.

Since you are new, I would focus on the threads about fundamental hand technique, readingm and interpretation skills. Or maybe start one yourself if you can't find one (people will tell you to use the search, but personally, the search is super vague for me when it comes up with stuff...it takes me 5x as long to go through the searches as it does to just start a new thread)

What is/was your music background before you got the drums if any? That will help us to help you as well

Hi, welcome to the Drummerworld forum!

I'm one of the trouble makers on DW (prefix for DrummerWorld, not the drum mfgr). I come from a software engineering background with a career in aerospace. I understand physics and statics and the space-time continuum. Mess with me at your own peril LOL.

I'm one of the trouble makers on DW (prefix for DrummerWorld, not the drum mfgr). I come from a software engineering background with a career in aerospace. I understand physics and statics and the space-time continuum. Mess with me at your own peril LOL.

yeah, she is always tryign to "ruin music with math"....all of her assignments are really hard, and she throws slide rules and aircraft aluminum pieces at you when your homework is late, or you miss a beat

well you
Ahhhh yeeeesssss....new blood fellas!!!!!

just start reading threads. BUT, don't get overwhelmed. There is SOOOOO much information, banter, opinions, gear, music, techniques, how to videos etc... that you can get lost and really feel like you are behind.

Since you are new, I would focus on the threads about fundamental hand technique, readingm and interpretation skills. Or maybe start one yourself if you can't find one (people will tell you to use the search, but personally, the search is super vague for me when it comes up with stuff...it takes me 5x as long to go through the searches as it does to just start a new thread)

What is/was your music background before you got the drums if any? That will help us to help you as well
I grew up in a Stokes county Which is located in North Carolina Greensboro where I still live to this day.I started playing the drums because I had A,D.H.D.And I thought multitasking like on the drums would help me to get rid of some energy.before that I had already had a couple years in my school's band program and I of course played percussion.Now I play a mixed style of heavy metal,hair metal,70's classical rock and somewhat of jazz too.

There's a guy named Art here, Getagrippa is his handle....

Watch out for this guy. There's a lot more than meets the eye with him. Don't pass judgement. You don't know all the facts yet.

Art is so far ahead of the pack, it borders on incomprehensible

Welcome Lucas. There is this fella here named Larry-we call him Uncle Larry.
Watch out for this guy. There's a lot more than meets the eye with him. Don't pass judgement. You don't know all the facts yet.

Larry is so far ahead of the pack, it borders on incomprehensible but the reason why is he is a "Martian" and just a superior being.
He's got his sights on me now making me suspect I may actually be a human/Martian hybrid from hijaking and probing my Mom decades past-(ewwww). I never could understand why I'm not like my siblings or fit in with people. He could be my father (maybe that's why I play drums)? Dang I can hear/see it now-I up on his spaceship, we fight, he cuts off my arm, then ask me to join him because he's my father. If he is wearing some kind of iron lung mask I'm going to take a big space dump. Art imitates life. Wait a minute and your name is "Lucas". This is uncanny.

well you

I grew up in a Stokes county Which is located in North Carolina Greensboro where I still live to this day.I started playing the drums because I had A,D.H.D.And I thought multitasking like on the drums would help me to get rid of some energy.before that I had already had a couple years in my school's band program and I of course played percussion.Now I play a mixed style of heavy metal,hair metal,70's classical rock and somewhat of jazz too.

sweet...I am a 30 year high school percussion teacher ("the drumline guy") and have had many, many kids go through the program with ADHD, and saw how drumming helped with some of the facets of that world.

Also grew up in the early 80's playing that same style of music as well. My first badn ever did orignals influenced by Maiden, Queensryche, Dokken, Loudness, Rush, Slayer etc.... And did all the band stuff in middle and high school...we are sort cut from the same cloth!!

I was an astronaut. I took up space.

Welcome Lucas. There is this fella here named Larry-we call him Uncle Larry.

Larry is so far ahead of the pack, it borders on incomprehensible but the reason why is he is a "Martian" and just a superior being.
He's got his sights on me now making me suspect I may actually be a human/Martian hybrid from hijaking and probing my Mom decades past-(ewwww). I never could understand why I'm not like my siblings or fit in with people. He could be my father (maybe that's why I play drums)? Dang I can hear/see it now-I up on his spaceship, we fight, he cuts off my arm, then ask me to join him because he's my father. If he is wearing some kind of iron lung mask I'm going to take a big space dump. Art imitates life. Wait a minute and your name is "Lucas". This is uncanny.
Just a minute there buster. I'm not superior, my race is just older and I know things you don't.. You guys are actually the envied ones. WHAT a balance of creativity, empathy, intelligence....I could go on and on. We like you, even despite what you are doing to your planet. You'll get there. Humans are all powerful. As a species. But you aren't mature, like at all yet. Right now, you guys are just like 2 YO's, testing boundaries. Make no mistake, better things are coming. But first it has to get ugly, that's out of our control. We have to be careful too.

I understand some guy named Brian is gumming things up down there. I'll have to get someone to speak to him through his lawnmower again.

You guys are the superior ones...you just don't know it yet. That has to wait until you guys grow up, so it doesn't feed your MASSIVE immature and fragile egos. You guys are just not there yet. I shouldn't do this but I am anyway. Little secret.....you won't progress until you find a way to bypass your ego and think of others first most of the time. I'll let you in on another little secret...your species is FAR and AWAY the best looking species I personally know of. And I know my share. Your women are absolutely SLAMMIN! So you got that going for you

Art we have a position for you. Wanna take a ride?

Last edited:
There's a guy named Art here, Getagrippa is his handle....

Art is so far ahead of the pack, it borders on incomprehensible
We also can't forget C.M!

We're very concerned with CM

We suspect he is a wolf in sheep's clothing. We are trying to discern if he is an evil genius, or mankind's solution.

Also....he is right about Pearl. That's all there is here.

Again, superior on Earth.

Back