New Band, New Aches & Pains

Drumsword

Pioneer Member
I guess I'm not as young as I once was, lol. The last 18 mos of my playing has only been occasional studio work. Nothing to demanding physically.

Last night, at the 3rd rehearsal for an upcoming studio gig with the band I have been doing studio work with, our lead guitarist Rich starts playing some classic rock stuff, AC/DC, Eagles, etc. So we started cranking it up, playing harder. Then we played a few of our own heavier rocking songs that we are going to be recording in a few weeks for our bass players solo project, (This is the band I assembled to record my c.d. about a year ago), Parker (Our bass player) decided to use the same players to record a bunch of his music as well.

Anyway, last night everything meshed and we decided (As we had all been thinking for weeks now) to just become a permanent band, and use the various connections we've all established over the years and start playing out every other week or so.

So this morning after playing fast tempos, incorporating stick twirling, throws, bringing my arms up higher, and just generally making the show from the throne more visual, I awoke this morning to the need for advil and muscle rub..LOL

Funny, 20 years ago that was all pain free......LOL

Here is a pic of us taken from the back of my cd cover.

Haven't picked a name yet, maybe "Slash Hazard and the Long guns". lol

Attachments

TheGroceryman

Silver Member
dude, thats awesome, not the pain thing, but that CD cover. But whoever was in the back REALLY some sunglasses like the other 2.

EXIT pointless post

Vipercussionist

Silver Member
I guess I'm not as young as I once was, lol. The last 18 mos of my playing has only been occasional studio work. Nothing to demanding physically.

Last night, at the 3rd rehearsal for an upcoming studio gig with the band I have been doing studio work with, our lead guitarist Rich starts playing some classic rock stuff, AC/DC, Eagles, etc. So we started cranking it up, playing harder. Then we played a few of our own heavier rocking songs that we are going to be recording in a few weeks for our bass players solo project, (This is the band I assembled to record my c.d. about a year ago), Parker (Our bass player) decided to use the same players to record a bunch of his music as well.

Anyway, last night everything meshed and we decided (As we had all been thinking for weeks now) to just become a permanent band, and use the various connections we've all established over the years and start playing out every other week or so.

So this morning after playing fast tempos, incorporating stick twirling, throws, bringing my arms up higher, and just generally making the show from the throne more visual, I awoke this morning to the need for advil and muscle rub..LOL

Funny, 20 years ago that was all pain free......LOL

Here is a pic of us taken from the back of my cd cover.

Haven't picked a name yet, maybe "Slash Hazard and the Long guns". lol
Ahhh yes, welcome to MY world, not quite over the hill, but you're gettin' a GREAT view!! I'm 49 now and staring the BIG 50 in the face next April!!! Yeah it was MUCH easier back in the day!

The thing that kills me more is moving the equipment for the gig IN and OUT of the club, especially if the club isn't providing the PA. Seems most venues they thought it out so the stage would be as FAR from the load in door as is possible and still be in the same building. Building engineers!!

Drumsword

Pioneer Member
lol, yeah the guy without glasses would be parker, my bass player, key player, we tried to find him a pair og shades too after realising he didn't the memo..LOL but we didn't have a spare pair. I'm in the middle.

And yeah, the load in and out is what makes me wish I'd taken up harmonica. But I just called in my old bass player Bill, a Giant 6'5 300 Lb monster to play bass, and packmule. LOL, Parker is better on keys and rhythm anyway.