NEED ADVICE... 1965ish LUDWIG PAISTE HIGH HATs

Skyking

So my sister has a 1965 ish Ludwig Champagne Sparkle kit. Same as the one M. Shrieve (sp?) played at Woodstock. EVERYTHING is original even the heads. I had a thread to evaluate the drums, but not the cymbals. The high hats are 15 inch Ludwigs made by Paiste. Can anybody tell me about them? Especially what are they worth? I'm thinking of making her an offer, OR should I tell her to keep the set ALL original equipment, hats, hardware, and 22 inch Zildjian ride in order to sell ?

Last edited:

bongoman

The Ludwig Paistes are more interesting as vintage novelties than as good cymbals, and they don’t sell for much usually.

If the rest of the kit is going to be sold as a package, best to include the hats in that package.

Skyking

Thanks bongo. And I totally agree about the hats. I told her to sell it all together as life is too short for the hassle of a piece by piece sale.

SomeBadDrummer

I am just a nobody with zero market knowledge, but it seems that the highest value is to keep the entire kit intact for a collector. Especially since the cymbals are not in high demand. Good luck!