Need a better solution to lugging stands

Next Friday will be our last session in our current rehearsal studio and my big kit will be in storage at home until we find a new spot. We probably will rehearse a few times somewhere else and i will bring my other kit along (Pearl Vision) since it's way lighter than my Masters BCX. Used a smaller set before and used just 2 stands to mount the toms and cymbals on. Might do something similar again. Those 3-way adapters are golden for this.

Great to read this thread, might get some inspiration as well :)

Link to this old thread i posted 4 years ago.

I do the same as Ryno . I also use the Yamaha Crosstown hardware (as well as the Tama Classic series hardware ). The lightweight stands are fantastic and there is no discernible difference in stability for me . The Rock N Tiller cart was my all time best drum related purchase .
Which rock N roller cart did you get? seems like a few different ones and they are all upwards of $225

After seeing all the Yamaha crosstown recommendations, I've ordered two of the cymbal stands, will be weird taking the big heavy Pearl beasts out of the bag after a lifetime of use...
Update: they're awesome 😁

I use a small dolly with handle. hardware in 2 plastic tubs that are easy to lift with good handles (important!). Cymbal stands, stick bag and clothes in one, - snare stand, tom legs, seat with back and pedal in the other. Minimized hardware and low profile tom sizes but still end up with a killer 5pc kit. 22 kiick. One long padded bag for tom stands, hihat and mic stand.. they work like a charm. It takes 2 trips but my setup has no compromises and is solid as a rock..also quick for setup/teardown.

... anyone hear experience a notable feel/sound change on either flat-based or Crosstown stuff?
I currently use a Crosstown setup and before that used the Gibraltar flat-based hardware. In both cases I run with no wingnut and felt on top. The cymbals are free to do their thing, topless. I haven't used these current cymbals on heavier stands to A/B them, but I think I'm getting maximum resonance of the instrument.

Thanks for posting the Steve Jordan vid, interesting that he has thoughts on light stands and sound.

A drummer who hosted jams used the very light Yamaha stands that I assume are Crosstowns. They were getting played for 3 jams per week. I know of twice when a cymbal and stand were knocked over during play by other drummers on his kit. I almost did it doing a choke once.

As a lot of you have mentioned, the Crosstown hardware is a game changer. Add in a lightweight INDe kit and a strategically placed INDe shell mount and you will cut a lot of weight. My throne is still a beast but it needs to be. Overall, I dropped one complete 38" PR rolling bag from my loadout. I am thrilled with this set. It achieved my goal of lightening the load on my back but I've kept the DW 9000 stuff for the Classic Maple.

Grav4Wy.jpg

n32dBuF.jpg

xVlOxAh.jpg

Back