My wish list, an 8 lug version of a LM402 in 2022

bongoman

One of the local shop general managers told me that he doesn’t consider an 8 lug snare drum to be a “real” snare because of the limitations inherent with less tuning control.
If any shop dude said something that foolish to me, I would literally walk away and pointedly talk to someone else there.

SomeBadDrummer

If any shop dude said something that foolish to me, I would literally walk away and pointedly talk to someone else there.
Well, if it makes you feel better I punched him in the gut and while he was doubled over, my knee met his face up close in a somewhat violent manner although I must admit he didn’t bleed enough to require an ambulance or any other medical assistance but definitely got the point. 😵 :ROFLMAO:

My go to guy at the same shop is a guy named Gabriel, he’s an absolute angel and has always been very helpful.
I have ‘my go to guy’ at every store I shop, Gary at Ken Stanton, Jerry at Music Go Round, Paul at Paul’s store…

Iristone

If a shop owner decides to train his employees in such a snobbish, unprofessional manner, it's himself that is losing money. Or it could be used as an opportunity to snatch up underpriced gems like I did with my Legacy snare drum ;)
Personally I prefer 8-lug on Gretsch drums. The heritage, the saved weight, the ease of tuning are all bonus points. For Ludwig though it's a draw for me, since Ludwig drums are not as heavy to begin with, and Ludwig has built their reputation on drums with both lug numbers.