My highhat pedal has been worn down, it isnt as high as it was before, and I cant open my highhat as much anymore, how do i fix it?(resolved)

My high hat pedal sits lower than it was before, it cant be pushed down as much and I cant figure out how to fix it. I worry soon that itr will be against the floor and i wont be able to open my highat at all, and i would have to buy a new stand, does anyone know what i can do?

It sounds like the spring needs replacing. I think if you let us know the make and model of you hi hat stand, someone on here wl be able to let you know how to replace the spring.
I would give you the model but i got it used and out of the package with a poor descripsion off of guitar center, i can try to mess with the spring and buy a new piece if that seems to be the problem, thank you.

To replace the spring, you must separate the rod from the pedal. It should unscrew at the top of the linkage. Once unscrewed, you should be able to pull it up and out of the lower tube (take the top tube off beforehand).

There are 3 pieces: the rod, the spring, and a spring perch. The perch may or may not come out. Replace the spring with a stiffer one, put the parts back in the tube, screw the rod to the linkage and go play. It's really that simple.

Back