More from this band....

Drums absolutely right on the vibe - nice open playing Bo, but the vocals need a lot of work.

I think the guitar player hears it. He gave weird staring looks at the singer and bass player when they were harmonizing "and we've got to get ourselves back to the garden".

Before the solo at the end of the song it's obvious. Watch his face and body language. I'm pretty sure he knows.

I think the guitar player hears it. He gave weird staring looks at the singer and bass player when they were harmonizing "and we've got to get ourselves back to the garden".

Before the solo at the end of the song it's obvious. Watch his face and body language. I'm pretty sure he knows.
Funny thing, he's a pretty quiet guy and doesn't offer his opinion too much. The general vibe I get is that we're all walking on egg shells afraid of pissing off the leader (bass player). So without flat-out saying it, I'm gonna keep posting these examples and maybe they'll start talking about it among themselves. Once they square themselves away, I'll start singing too. I don't want to add to the train wreck.

Wow the vocals kill everything. Im not a singer but i certainly know bad singing when i hear it. Maybe add some reverb or something to that dudes mic to help he is so flat and off key. Great drumming as always man. I have been enjoying all of the videos from this gig.

Sorry Bo . Drums are on point but listening to that singing , especially lead ...... ?. The visual equivalent would be like watching Elaine from Seinfeld dance ?. He was so off key , with dynamics and inflection in wrong places that I don’t think backup knew where to be at or what pitch to be in . Like Dudley from wild hogs ..... “ The music moves me , but it moves me ugly “.

Sorry to sound harsh , don’t mean to be .
Did he just have a really bad night or is this the norm ?
I actually felt sorry for him .

Last edited:
The singer is trying sound like someone and its not working. The harmony is just as bad.

This is why I’m surprised they’re booked as much as they are. And in my previous thread about speaking out about this vocal atrocity, some suggested I just be quiet as if I’m being hypersensitive. Well, I’m posting these videos on social media and hopefully they’ll get enough of their own friends to say something....

so I’m being passive-aggressive about it.

This is why I’m surprised they’re booked as much as they are. And in my previous thread about speaking out about this vocal atrocity, some suggested I just be quiet as if I’m being hypersensitive. Well, I’m posting these videos on social media and hopefully they’ll get enough of their own friends to say something....

Well if there was any question as to your sensitivity about this before, ...... There can be none now . He’s not a singer , maybe over time he’ll get better but I don’t think it’s fixable in the short term . Not without getting a new singer . Are all the songs vocals equally as bad ? Good luck Bo .

Nice tasteful playing Bo!

The vocals and harmonies . . . downright painful.

Hope you have a Steve Miller payday: take the money and run.

Thats quite an understatement in this case..

In my opinion is not ok to go on stage like this..

At least i would not..
Now you know.

“....
Tell "your friend" to stop complaining, because they have been the ones creating a band with 2 bookings a week and a nice cashflow and certainly not him..

And after that ask him why he decided to start with that band, if he is not liking them anyway..

Really, there is nothing worse than the new guy who all of a sudden starts complaining after he gets the job..

Unless a band specifically hires a guy to make them a better band, meaning this is spoken about before start..

But this is not sounding like thats the case......”

Last edited:
Well if there was any question as to your sensitivity about this before, ...... There can be none now . He’s not a singer , maybe over time he’ll get better but I don’t think it’s fixable in the short term . Not without getting a new singer . Are all the songs vocals equally as bad ? Good luck Bo .
No. The ones the girl sings are ok, she’s not quite as pitchy, but the delivery could be better. I’m sorry, I come from Disney so I’m just used to everybody nailing their stuff. I’m definitely taking the money.

holefully there’s a band meeting in the near future.

I would only ask that you ask the singers to procure themselves IEMs. Everything about their deficiencies implies that they cannot hear themselves.

Your playing was really nice.

I seem to remember in another thread it was mentioned that no one in the band is an original member, and this band had been going on for like 10 years or something, and that there are no real rehearsals/practices.

I wonder if the reason for the rotating players is this exact thing. This is a case where practice is necessary or things will never get fixed. No one wants to perform with a problematic band. You are making them look better than they are. And the flip side of that coin is...

Good luck. Until they demonstrate a desire to improve, progress isn't likely. And if they're booked/busy/successful, they're even less likely to perceive the need for improvement, or take outside advice.

I would only ask that you ask the singers to procure themselves IEMs. Everything about their deficiencies implies that they cannot hear themselves.

Your playing was really nice.
That’s just it. We all have in-ears. I’m also the sound provider so my console can run all the in-ears we need. This is another thing that makes me scratch my head.

Back