Molecules Acrylic bass drum

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

yeah...those will go the same route as these did...

northh.jpeg

good old North Drums from the 70's

they made marching drums too... 😑
north2.jpeg

wraub

If the drumming thing doesn't work out, there's a second line of work available in bingo calling and lottery number picking, just add a handle, and profit.

Cmdr. Ross

Silver Member
Those would be an "at home only" kit. Lugging that around would not only be problematic, but the "look at me" factor would be beyond silly.

pgm554

Platinum Member
The kit I played had a weird feel and rebound,sour twangy overtones.
BD had a rubbery feel too .
No vent holes in any of the drums.(maybe the reason for the weird feel and rebound).
I think they were $3K.
I've played OK acrylic kits,but this was more about show than anything else.

Last edited:

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
I saw those back at NAMM several years ago and got a chance to try them. I really liked them and wanted to get a set “just because”. Unfortunately they started to flounder the next year and then disappeared. I understand you can still contact their Facebook page though. Yeah, they probably look too weird for the conservative drummy crowd, but they sounded like drums and were fun to play. The visual factor is why you buy them - especially when you live in a world where every drummer does the same thing.

Bozozoid

The cost of being different is to high. I like being unique but I couldn't bite on Peavey radial pros either. I don't want high school friends pointing and laughing at me...my confidence would plummet beyond recuperation.

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
The cost of being different is to high. I like being unique but I couldn't bite on Peavey radial pros either. I don't want high school friends pointing and laughing at me...my confidence would plummet beyond recuperation.
And you notice they don’t make those anymore too.

If drummers were really into being unique, you’d see all kinds of weird designs out there. But they aren’t.

someguy01

I'd say drummers are quite unique, if we weren't there would be 3 finishes available no matter the make of drum. So many choices in finishes, woods, hardware colours, it really does allow one to express individuality.

The molecule drums, like the radials tried to reinvent something that didn't need reinvention.

IBitePrettyHard

I'd say drummers are quite unique, if we weren't there would be 3 finishes available no matter the make of drum. So many choices in finishes, woods, hardware colours, it really does allow one to express individuality.

The molecule drums, like the radials tried to reinvent something that didn't need reinvention.
I think Peavey was onto something with the Radials. Everyone agrees they look ridiculous. But I think it's safe to say they sound incredible. Shleishmans have a similar design and sound incredible as well. It's a shame this style of shell hasn't caught on because they have such a rich and full sound.

TIME STAMP 16:50