Metronome app that can do this...

TaylorFusion

Hey I’m looking for a metronome app that can do the following and I don’t know what it is with app developers but they never email back support questions! I’m hoping someone here knows of a trainer that will do this.

Looking to setup rhythms with these kinds of sub divisions/groupings. Note: some require at least 2 measures to go by in order to begin at the top of the measure again to repeat and all the apps I’ve seen don’t let me essentially play with 2 measures of eighth triplet (count = 24 note heads to place accents on) for odd accent groupings. Maybe there’s a different way to accomplish what you see in the attachments, but I’ve tried half a dozen apps with limited success.
No app I've seen can do this ---> See the attachment for an example of groupings of triplets (I would want to be able to program other groupings i.e. 2,3 and 5)

thanks

Attachments

• groupings of 4_tripletNotes.png
    groupings of 4_tripletNotes.png
    65.1 KB · Views: 14
  • groupings of 5_eighthNotes.png
    groupings of 5_eighthNotes.png
    55.8 KB · Views: 15
Try Polynome for iOS. Joe Crabtree has packed tons of features into it. It can do about anything you'd ever ask for! Not sure on Android...

Best of luck!

Time Guru is pretty cheap and can do that too i believe. you can program a super large number of measures, with any count and subdivision in each one. It makes for some fun weird practice sometimes.

G stomper free drum machine app can do this.
I prefer to do the accents myself, or to metronome the accents and do the subdivision myself.
But I get you, it helps getting started to hear the sound and feel it. But it is super satisfying to trust the theory and work out the sound on my own. Also I find different starting placements (the one,) that way.

I haven't tried this exact thing, but I bet PolyNome can do it. Also, the support I've gotten from them is unbelievable. I wanted to set my app to play through a series of increasing tempos by uneven increments to mimic something Tommy Igoe does with his group on the Accents & Rebounds chapter of Great Hands For A Lifetime DVD. I emailed support and Joe wrote me back and linked to a YouTube video. I thought, okay, this is probably a general help video that will explain it. Except I start watching the video and he says something like, "Larry, here's what you can try," and I realized he made the video specifically for me! I was pretty flabbergasted. This was like the same day I asked the question and he had gone through that much trouble to address my exact question and demonstrate solutions.

I haven't tried this exact thing, but I bet PolyNome can do it. Also, the support I've gotten from them is unbelievable. I wanted to set my app to play through a series of increasing tempos by uneven increments to mimic something Tommy Igoe does with his group on the Accents & Rebounds chapter of Great Hands For A Lifetime DVD. I emailed support and Joe wrote me back and linked to a YouTube video. I thought, okay, this is probably a general help video that will explain it. Except I start watching the video and he says something like, "Larry, here's what you can try," and I realized he made the video specifically for me! I was pretty flabbergasted. This was like the same day I asked the question and he had gone through that much trouble to address my exact question and demonstrate solutions.

THAT is what I call good support.

Reactions: TMe
The first example, you can set up with the Tempo app. Just set the time signature to 12/2, and accent every four beats, starting on the third note. I've seen Dennis Chambers use this rhythm in his solos.

The second example, you could just set the signature to 5/4, and put the accent on the second note. It would be up to you to count in groups of 8, if that's your goal here. What are you trying to accomplish here, as a drummer? Maybe there's a better way to get where you want to go...

Try Polynome for iOS. Joe Crabtree has packed tons of features into it. It can do about anything you'd ever ask for! Not sure on Android...

Best of luck!

Polynome it is! You guys had me with support! That's worth the price of this most expensive of the Metronome apps out there.

Thanks for the responses. I knew I came to the right forum.

Hey I just wanted to thank Terry and BMile for suggesting polynome. You guys were spot-on with an app that, though probably more expensive than anything else out there, is more than worth it in terms of feature set, ultimate ease-of-use (after a bit of a learning curve to be sure), and unparalleled support from its creator.

Thanks again.

Back