Maybe I need a new throne?

bearblastbeats

So in conjunction with my other thread about the size of my Slingerland being maybe to big because I can't get comfortable behind the kit.

Maybe what it is is the height of my throne.

As I mentioned in the earlier thread, I set my yamaha up for my son and jamming around on it was amazing to say the least.

What I may have realized was the throne I gave him? It was a CB throne set as low as it would go. Yes, I removed the wing nut and bolt and it rests metal to metal, for lack of better vernacular.

So, I was using this throne on my ekit in the basement and now on his kit. And I guess what my issue here is is that I'm not sitting low enough?

I use a roc-n-soc throne set as low is it goes and lately I'm not comfortable. I tried raising it up after seeing if that was it and it was worse.

I feel most relaxed at the lower level of this crappy CB throne, which is literally about an inch lower or so than mine.

Whats a good throne I could try to see if this fixes my dilemma?

Maybe the ludwig throne?

Let's here it!

Edit: spelling.

Last edited:

bearblastbeats

Gibraltar makes a THRONE base that goes pretty low. Do you know how low you need?
Thanks I just realized I misspelled my entire post lmao. Long day ya know

Bozozoid

Silver Member
When I got my Roc-n-soc I actually talked to one of the C.E.O.type guys. I to sit ridiculously low. At the time I was sent the lowest base they offered. It's damn low. I haven't looked at their offerings as of late.If you sit lower than the base I have I'd say just take a folded wash cloth if that's low enough. In all seriousness check the website out to see if they still offer the loooow based throne.

bearblastbeats

When I got my Roc-n-soc I actually talked to one of the C.E.O.type guys. I to sit ridiculously low. At the time I was sent the lowest base they offered. It's damn low. I haven't looked at their offerings as of late.If you sit lower than the base I have I'd say just take a folded wash cloth if that's low enough. In all seriousness check the website out to see if they still offer the loooow based throne.
I checked it out. Looks like they call it the low base.

Reverb has it for about 200. Roc n soc site shows base only for 120.

It's a start, I'll be digging into this this week.

Thanks!

bearblastbeats

You mean you’ve never experimented with throne height before deciding maybe you need a whole new set? What are ya? New?
Lmao, I've had the same thrown for about two decades, and probably 10 or so different kits.

So.... maybe?

bearblastbeats

What? I've adjust the height up and down a few times but always played it as slow as it goes. Honestly, it hasn't ever been a problem until just now.

I think because I was playing the yamaha low, and sitting as low a the roc would go. I thought that was it for me. Haha

When I played my luddys I played everything higher and I also played harder and more animated.

I definitely am not getting taller in my old age that is for sure.