Mapex Armory vs catalina maple...

Never had the Catalina Maple, but I've had both a Mapex Armory and a Catalina Jazz kit and I would definitely reccomend the Armory. Both kits are fine kits, but I think the Armory would be better for rock. Also the Armory's have such coooool finishes. I really like that Night Sky Burst they offer.

download (1).jpeg

which is the best for ROCKK:)
Guess it all depends on what type of ROCKK you're playing. I'd probably pick the Armory. if you're going for the more modern, hard edged stuff. And the Catalina, if you're doing a more vintage 70's/80's thing.

I’d pick Amory (birch/maple) they have deeper rock and shallower fast shells too I think? Nice finishes I’ve seen. The Catalina have the 30 degrees bearing edge ( old School sound) and the mapex is like a hybrid that has 30 degree edge but face 45 cut so should be more modern. Looking at the sonic clear seems it’s really more a 30 that cut in inner face wouldn’t contact on that side- seems hype. So if considering Catalina Maple I’d consider Pearl Decade also- I have one. They are probably made of same Asian maple but Pearl has low mass hardware, thin 5 mm shells, 45 degrees bearing edge top notch hardware.

Last edited:
Back