Ludwig discontinues Bronze Supraphonics?

Love the drum. The only issue I had was a missing screw and bushing for the strainer lever on one side. Mine came without them somehow. The strainer lever worked but was very wobbly and silly because of the missing pieces.

To make a long story short I got a new P88AC strainer set and installed the strainer part only. It’s a heavy, durably made piece that has substantial heft and has velvety glass like feel in operation. The strainer tension knob has a segmented action that keeps your settings solidly in place. Although it has segmented adjustments, the segments allow very fine adjustment in snare tension, nearly the same as on the old P85 strainer but the P88 strainer doesn’t lose its setting while the snares
are disengaged.

It really makes the drum look and feel like a million bucks.

Love the drum. The only issue I had was a missing screw and bushing for the strainer lever on one side. Mine came without them somehow. The strainer lever worked but was very wobbly and silly because of the missing pieces.

To make a long story short I got a new P88AC strainer set and installed the strainer part only. It’s a heavy, durably made piece that has substantial heft and has velvety glass like feel in operation. The strainer tension knob has a segmented action that keeps your settings solidly in place. Although it has segmented adjustments, the segments allow very fine adjustment in snare tension, nearly the same as on the old P85 strainer but the P88 strainer doesn’t lose its setting while the snares
are disengaged.

It really makes the drum look and feel like a million bucks.

Good call on the P88AC. I put one on my '82 hammered bronze, as well as an INDe butt plate. This snare is my main gigger, so I need modern functionality and ease of use.

Back