Ludwig Concert Snares

I'd like to hear that deep copper in person.

Interesting they chose the same material they make timpani with. I think it's generally considered a warmer-darker sounding metal drum..

If I were Pearl, I'd be preparing legal papers right about now. Except for the throw portion, it looks like they literally used Pearl parts.

I used my Pearl solid shell 6.5 last night. There is no better concert snare or concert throw. Sorry Black Swamp. Yours is good, though.

I wish they'd make a Legacy version. Mine is as sensitive as a wood drum with 20 wires can be, so I'd suppose they will work great for concert playing with cable or gut snare wires.

If I were Pearl, I'd be preparing legal papers right about now. Except for the throw portion, it looks like they literally used Pearl parts.

I used my Pearl solid shell 6.5 last night. There is no better concert snare or concert throw. Sorry Black Swamp. Yours is good, though.

The Pearl Maple snare drum I used had a throw for each wire. It looks like ludwig only has one throw.

I like the 6 1/2 Raw Copper. Never owned one and don't really know how they sound.

I'd be interested in hearing the copper drum for sure. I once put some Puresound concert wires on a bronze shell drum and it was way too dry for my taste. I'm imagining actual cable snares would be even dryer.

Back