Ludwig Atlas Mount & 13" Centennial Tom

shemp

Silver Member
I'm using a Ludwig Centennial kit for reh and gig...and I do love the kit, but I'm looking at doing a little optimizing.

First up is the 13" tom rim mount. There is nothing wrong with it as is, but I don't like the extra distance it makes the drum sit off the cymbal stand.

I'm looking at taking the rim mount off and putting an Atlas mount on there.

Has anyone used the Atlas in a similar situation and been pleased with results? $50 seems a bit steep, but is it worth it?

I changed to an atlas mount and added a atlas rail mount to the bass drum on a centennial Bonham size kit. No regrets and its works perfect. it actually put the tom in a better, close position than the rim mount which seemed to stick the tom out a little far.

I changed to an atlas mount and added a atlas rail mount to the bass drum on a centennial Bonham size kit. No regrets and its works perfect. it actually put the tom in a better, close position than the rim mount which seemed to stick the tom out a little far.

Exactly...far positioning of tom. I like the rail mount...that may be just what the Dr Ordered along with the Atlas Mount.

thx

I switched the rims type mounts on my element birch set.
I thought the rims type were too bulky, and they covered too much of the lacquered shell.

The atlas mounts work great and look good. I don't think they improved the sound, but they certainly didn't hurt it.
I picked up a three pack which was a better deal and used the extra one to mount my ride cymbal off my floor tom. Been gigging for about a year and no issues.

Back