Looking for pics of setups featuring 10-12-13 rack toms with 20" kick drum

jmdrums59

I am looking for pictures of setups with either 8-10-12" rack Toms with 20"kick or 10-12-13" rack Toms with a 20" kick. I am not sure how the different size Toms will look with a 20" kick.You know, damn symmetry. Thanks guys( and gals!).

How it looks depends a lot on the depth of the drums. Shallow or standard depths will look more proportional, while deep “power” toms will look too big for the smaller bass drum.

Having said that, you’ll get used to it, and perceptions change over time. I’ve been playing 18” kicks for so many gigs lately that my 20x16 bass looks chubby and out of proportion by comparison.

I think the symmetry part should work out just fine in those sizes. Sounds like a handsome match.

…. setups with either 8-10-12" rack Toms with 20"kick... I am not sure how the different size Toms will look with a 20" kick.You know, damn symmetry. Thanks guys( and gals!).
I'll have to remember to snap a pic when I get home tonite. That is my setup. I think it looks just right. :)

T.

Couldn't decide flash or no flash.. so heres a few:
(Dia. x Depth)
20"x 17 Kick, 8"x7 tom, 10"x7 tom, 12"x8 tom, 14"x13 FT

D21.jpgD31.jpgD61.jpg

Hmm.. just noticing, from the front view, I could probably lower the toms another inch or so...

T.

hqdefault.jpg

jeff-porcaro-10.jpg

Back