Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

here is my everyday "rock" kit. Just chilling in the band room at work.

IMG_1706.jpgIMG_1705.jpgIMG_1703.jpg

and my 1955 Ludwig with my proto-rockabilly/old school country/old school rock and roll band at the AMA Vintage Bike festival this July. It was 100*F that day....brutal

IMG_2026.jpg

IMG_2027.jpg

set up as a 2 piece that day...my "get in/get out" set up
IMG_2023.jpg

Moved in to a new rehearsal room this weekend. I've definitely had worse views than this

1XeMUEm.jpg

Moved in to a new rehearsal room this weekend. I've definitely had worse views than this

1XeMUEm.jpg

is that a second kit for you, or someone else who also shares the space?

A long time ago, I was in a band who had a big space like this with 2 other friend bands (it was not as dressed up) and our drummers (I played bass in that band) all had their kits side by side in the room. It was an incredibly trusting situation

is that a second kit for you, or someone else who also shares the space?

A long time ago, I was in a band who had a big space like this with 2 other friend bands (it was not as dressed up) and our drummers (I played bass in that band) all had their kits side by side in the room. It was an incredibly trusting situation

It belongs to another band who rents the space along with us. We all know each other well ?

I've left my kit in shared rehearsal rooms all my life and never had a single issue. Sometimes I knew the other bands, sometimes I didn't. It's an extremely common arrangement around here

thebig kit.jpg
last pic i took of my full setup. a couple of things have changed, ive added a 16" crash to the left hand side (just out of shot), changed the janus pedal for a pearl eliminator, and changed the 16" china for an 18" inverted bell china from amedia cymbals to match the rest of my cymbals :)

I've got some fun ones. I think I've used the caption "Best seat in the house" like 100 times on instagram haha.

Attachments

• IMG_0377.jpg
    IMG_0377.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0376.jpg
    IMG_0376.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 46DB0A2E-EB30-4228-883E-80753838BB4A.JPG
    46DB0A2E-EB30-4228-883E-80753838BB4A.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0378.jpg
    IMG_0378.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0379.jpg
    IMG_0379.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0380.jpg
    IMG_0380.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 42
Here's an overhead shot I took a few months back, right after I'd changed all the tom batter heads—people were asleep upstairs, so I hadn't gotten things set up quite right, so it's not entirely sound ergonomically in this photo, but shiny new heads are so purty.

index.php

And from the front:

GretschedHeadon.jpg

I've since ditched the 14" floor tom, added another splash, switched to a piccolo snare and added an auxiliary snare off to the left. Am I good enough to justify this much stuff? Absolutely not. But is it fun as hell? You betcha.

Attachments

• GretschedOverhead.jpg
    GretschedOverhead.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 305
Here's an overhead shot I took a few months back, right after I'd changed all the tom batter heads—people were asleep upstairs, so I hadn't gotten things set up quite right, so it's not entirely sound ergonomically in this photo, but shiny new heads are so purty.

index.php

And from the front:

View attachment 90960

I've since ditched the 14" floor tom, added another splash, switched to a piccolo snare and added an auxiliary snare off to the left. Am I good enough to justify this much stuff? Absolutely not. But is it fun as hell? You betcha.

the only way you get good enough to justify that stuff is to use it...and you can't use it if you don't have it!!

Hell yeah to big sets!!!

Pearl Wood Fiberglass original 1970's vintage (Custom finished by Liberty Drums) - Pearl Maple Shell - pre WLX 1980's vintage - Istanbul Agop Cymbals - Evans, J1 Etched, Hydraulic, Calftone heads.

index.php

And from the front:

View attachment 90960

Good enough is all relative, what you play secondary to the music you produce :)

Am I good enough to justify this much stuff? Absolutely not. But is it fun as hell? You betcha.

Yeah, boy! That's how I feel, too, when I sit behind my big 'ole Slingerland kit with a preposterous number of toms and cymbals - what a fake I am! Waaaaay more stuff than a drummer like me can use. What am I doing with all this stuff?

I wouldn't dare look so presumptuous on a gig, though. A bare four-piece kit and a couple of cymbals work just fine, thank you.

GeeDeeEmm

pic 4.jpg

from my latest kit. pic is a little outdated as ive changed thebass drum resonant heads and batter heads to aquarian. just need to do the same with the tom and snare heads now.

Back