Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

jda

Gold Member
wait. one floor tom? You scrimpin? : ) kiddin
what are you some type of jazzer?..

how much for the piano bench O man..
and is that HiHat right on your left bass drum pedal??!

I'm calling Jazzer here.. :)
are you Kenny Jones? : )
is that FT a 14?
Where's the gong drum///!!?
~~~~~~~~~~~
That's a very unique set up my friend just having fun and Kidding :)

Last edited:

Drumdame

Silver Member
Ooh, goody, another thread to post an update to... ;)

driver-seat-1.jpg

I'm usually set up close to a wall at home so it's really tough to get a good driver seat pic.
Now that's the Throne of Thrones!

Winston_Wolf

Platinum Member
wait. one floor tom? You scrimpin? : ) kiddin
what are you some type of jazzer?..

how much for the piano bench O man..
and is that HiHat right on your left bass drum pedal??!

I'm calling Jazzer here.. :)
are you Kenny Jones? : )
is that FT a 14?
Where's the gong drum///!!?
~~~~~~~~~~~
That's a very unique set up my friend just having fun and Kidding :)

I had to leave the second floor tom at home. I literally couldn't fit it into the car! It was still quite the game of Tetris to get it all in as it was.

Tetris.jpg

The floor tom is a 16 (I agree it looks oddly small here)...all of the sizes are 8, 10, 12, 13, 14" rack toms, 16" floor. two 24" bass drums (the left one is essentially a stage prop, I'm only using it to hold up my hi hat and my metronome) and the snare is a 14x8".

As WuHan Solo correctly guessed, it's a copy of Chester Thompson's Genesis kit:

19870611-Genesis03.jpg

set-up-4.jpg

Last edited:

jda

Gold Member
I had to leave the second floor tom at home. I literally couldn't fit it into the car! It was still quite the game of Tetris to get it all in as it was.

The floor tom is a 16 (I agree it looks oddly small here)...all of the sizes are 8, 10, 12, 13, 14" rack toms, 16" floor. two 24" bass drums (the left one is essentially a stage prop, I'm only using it to hold up my hi hat and my metronome) and the snare is a 14x8".

As WhHan Solo correctly guessed, it's a copy of Chester Thompson's Genesis kit:

19870611-Genesis03.jpg

set-up-4.jpg
Big Stage where and what was that/ what type of Band you in etc. Cool...
What "style is it.

jda

Gold Member
Got my ode to Charlie on at game 1 of the doubleheader today. Awww yeah.

View attachment 125928
do they have buildings (enclosed with walls Out there
Every time I "see" you it's outdoors or an Adobe complex :) Kidding but you know what I mean Desert?
It's desert isn't it +/-
All I know well is Green Trees and Pennsylvania hills : )LOLOL streams woods and some cliffs lol
freaking deer and a lotta squirrels

Last edited:

Ryan Culberson

do they have buildings (enclosed with walls Out there
Every time I "see" you it's outdoors or an Adobe complex :) Kidding but you know what I mean Desert?
It's desert isn't it +/-

Yeah Joe, the weather here in Bakersfield allows for outdoor events year round. Definitely a desert climate. Not quite as hot as Phoenix, but pretty damn close, and without the summer monsoon influence that Arizona often has. Today reached 86 degrees and we considered it our first "cool" day since probably early May. Just a couple of weeks ago we were still 100+ every day.

Winston_Wolf

Platinum Member
Big Stage where and what was that/ what type of Band you in etc. Cool...
What "style is it.

Tarpon Springs Performing Arts Center in Tarpon Springs Florida. It is a big stage, especially for a 300 seat auditorium. It think it was 40ft. wide by 30ft. deep. Still Collins USA is a Phil Collins tribute band. This was my first gig with them, though I've been friends with the leader for a few years. Things finally fell into place for me to take the throne...well, piano bench anyway. ;)

jda

Gold Member
Tarpon Springs Performing Arts Center in Tarpon Springs Florida. It is a big stage, especially for a 300 seat auditorium. It think it was 40ft. wide by 30ft. deep. Still Collins USA is a Phil Collins tribute band. This was my first gig with them, though I've been friends with the leader for a few years. Things finally fell into place for me to take the throne...well, piano bench anyway. ;)
wow EXCELLENT! do well

jda

Gold Member
Yeah Joe, the weather here in Bakersfield allows for outdoor events year round. Definitely a desert climate. Not quite as hot as Phoenix, but pretty damn close, and without the summer monsoon influence that Arizona often has. Today reached 86 degrees and we considered it our first "cool" day since probably early May. Just a couple of weeks ago we were still 100+ every day.
ah I love hearing about Bakersfield I can only imagine... amazing.. You do know Scott/IstanbulTea/ beloved +/- Groovologist/ now resides/ bought home/ with wife and Captive daughter ; ) in New Mexico.. he's a "Pennsylvania boy.. who landed in Los Nacho's wait... Las Cruces ...New Mexico
How far away to Bakersfield is that Ry/ Joe
Same terrain I imagine.

Ryan Culberson

ah I love hearing about Bakersfield I can only imagine... amazing.. You do know Scott/IstanbulTea/ beloved +/- Groovologist/ now resides/ bought home/ with wife and Captive daughter ; ) in New Mexico.. he's a "Pennsylvania boy.. who landed in Los Nacho's wait... Las Cruces ...New Mexico
How far away to Bakersfield is that Ry/ Joe
Same terrain I imagine.

About 900 miles from Bako to Las Cruces. Never been to New Mexico so I can't speak for any similarities. Was Scott in Portland, OR before the move to NM? I'm having a hard time remembering. No longer on social media and I was boozin' it up way too hard/much at that time. Killed too many brain cells. LOL. Bakersfield is a pretty bland place, but is strategically located. Hour and a half to LA, two hours to various beaches, an hour+ to the Sierra Nevada mountains. We have great proximity effect and also a THRIVING music scene! I'm averaging 12-15 jobs per month. Just finished up 6 this week with a doubleheader today.

Reactions: jda

MazdaRex

Totally excited to have my Tama Imperial Star and new-to-me Zildjians all set up and assembled in the basement drum room! Even the preliminary soundproofing is done (furring strips and Mexican blankets).
The cats like it fine, though my girlfriend says it's staggeringly loud, even with the door closed. I'll use the Yamaha DTX430 electronic kit for most practicing, but the acoustic kit is terrific motivation.
Now, to do lots and lots of practicing. (And clean the cymbals and drum heads.)

Attachments

• PXL_20221027_003147099-809.jpg
    PXL_20221027_003147099-809.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
  • PXL_20221027_003116238-809.jpg
    PXL_20221027_003116238-809.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 21
  • PXL_20221027_003154544-809.jpg
    PXL_20221027_003154544-809.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:

cbphoto

Diamond Member
Totally excited to have my Tama Imperial Star and new-to-me Zildjians all set up and assembled in the basement drum room! Even the preliminary soundproofing is done (furring strips and Mexican blankets).
The cats like it fine, but my girlfriend says it's staggeringly loud, even with the door closed. I'll use the Yamaha DTX430 electronic kit for most practicing, but the acoustic kit is terrific motivation.
Nice setup! 👌

toddmc

Gold Member
The cats like it fine, though my girlfriend says it's staggeringly loud, even with the door closed. I'll use the Yamaha DTX430 electronic kit for most practicing, but the acoustic kit is terrific motivation.
Very cool studio but you'll have to explain the eagle (??) to me....

MazdaRex

Glad you asked! I made the eagle in a totally excellent puppetry class way back in 1989! The instructor was Joe Zito, who had worked for Jim Henson and the Muppets. I've lost touch with Joe, but the eagle has kept an eye on things since! He's starting to get a little wear and tear - one of his eyes cracked during a recent move.

toddmc

Gold Member
Glad you asked! I made the eagle in a totally excellent puppetry class way back in 1989! The instructor was Joe Zito, who had worked for Jim Henson and the Muppets. I've lost touch with Joe, but the eagle has kept an eye on things since! He's starting to get a little wear and tear - one of his eyes cracked during a recent move.
Nice that he has a link to the Muppets- maybe you were channeling this guy when you made him 😁

FQZndQaXEAEcnLr.jpg

MazdaRex

Not really consciously inspired, but Sam the Eagle is very cool. Unfortunately, I never developed a good voice for my puppet (unauthorized muppet!), and therefore he never got a personality or a name. Kinda sad, really, but I love having him around on display instead of stored in the attic.