Let's see your Gretsch kits (saved the best for last!)

I am new to this forum!

Here is my Gretsch New Classic:

Gretsch1.jpg

Gretsch5.jpg

Gretsch3.jpg

Gretsch8.jpg

Gretsch7.jpg

Gretsch9.jpg

Gretsch10.jpg

With my Pearl Firecracker:
IMG_1698Small.jpg

IMG_1686Small.jpg

It came with those Evans heads but I have since put a Remo Powerstroke 3 on the bass drum, a set of smooth Emporers on the toms (Evans G1 underneath) and a Coated Emporer on the snare. Sounds so good!

The cymbals are:

16" A Custom projection
15" A Custom
10" A Custom splash
13" A Mastersound hihats
20" K Heavy ride

The hardware is all DW 9000 apart from the pedals which are 5000s.

I currently have my eyes on a 13x7 New Classic snare in Nitron Glass to match the kit but I'm not sure I can afford more drum stuff.
Classy Looking Kit

what did Linda Ronstadt sing?

WFL 006.JPGWFL 004.JPG

1948 WFL 6.5 Drum Doctor snare
bop-14X18, fusion- 10X12, 9X10, 12X14
2000's USA Gunmetal bop fusion 6P SWR Broadkasters : )

"you're no you're no good you're no good"
but these are
WFL 001.JPG

all Bosphorus (one old K 13" hi Left) Trinkets.

WFL 002.JPG

WFL 005.JPG

WFL 007.JPG

Last edited:
After having my Round Badge kit (Name Band .... 20, 13, 16) for quite a few years ...... finally, my way, came a 24x14 Stop Sign Badge bass drum and a 12x8 rack and 14x14 floor. So, now, I pair them 20, 12, 14 (seems more right) and 24, 13, 16.6 20, 12, 14.jpg4 b 24, 13, 16.jpg

2022 Gretsch USA Custom 20/12/14 with Gretsch Broadkaster 5.5” snare in matching Caribbean Twilight satin finish . My all time favourite finish from any company . I ordered these in August 2021 and they arrived in April 2022 .

I had the bass drum tom mount installed from the factory , no suspension bands - tom mount is affixed directly to the shell . I also had the Pratt Muffler and bass drum cymbal mount included in my order . This is the 8th Gretsch kit I have owned and best one yet . My favourite drum set these days and my last brand new kit purchase . View attachment 121186View attachment 121187View attachment 121188View attachment 121189View attachment 121190View attachment 121191View attachment 121192View attachment 121193View attachment 121194View attachment 121195
Rick - any concerns with the ride mount directly into the shell? I've been contemplating all the options for ride mounts - most likely the INDE using the existing lug holes, but the weight/stress worries me........:unsure:
I know people mount double tom trees - but they're straight down the centre - it's the 'sideways' movement stressing the shell that I'm in fear of. The Sabian 21" HH RBDR is my ride of choice and it ain't light.
Appreciate your thoughts......

None whatsoever , I have ha d a few kits with ride cymbal mounts on the bass drum and this Gretsch model is the best and most secure I have ever owned . No regrets at all making Thai decision . I use a 22” ride cymbal on this cymbal arm . There is no wobble at all so very little shell stress .
Awesome - thanks my friend, convinced me to pull the trigger.
Love the Caribbean Twilight btw - beautiful finish!

fella over VDF owned these;
1 day ago:

:D

Last edited:
fella over VDF owned these;
1 day ago:

:D
Saw that yesterday. The pinstripes de-Gretsched the sound and did nothing for me. But that finish! And I love Steve's enthusiasm for how the original owner spec'd the hardware. The railmounts complete that finish and totally kill, even on a "rock" kit.

Saw that yesterday. The pinstripes de-Gretsched the sound and did nothing for me. But that finish! And I love Steve's enthusiasm for how the original owner spec'd the hardware. The railmounts complete that finish and totally kill, even on a "rock" kit.
Do you still have the engraved 135th Anniv. snare DJLD?

Where did you find a 24,12,14 ? Steve Jordan sell you a kit ?
Actually from two separate sellers. The 24x14 was part of a kit, on sale locally, and on eBay. Had concert rack toms and an 18" floor tom (double headed). Then Paul "Jamo" made the seller an offer he couldn't refuse (he needed the floor tom, for his collection) ...... seller busted up the set ..... and that freed up the bass drum for me to buy (as an orphan).

12 and 14 can from a good buddy drummer I know.

Back