Latest Purchase...Non-percussion

Still more artwork for the Music Room. I am pretty much out of wall space at this point.

Run to Earth print by Heywood Hardy:
View attachment 130975

And a Clipper ship, oil on canvas, found at one of our local Thrift stores:

View attachment 130976

All of the over-done LED colored lights have been removed. It is (hopefully) a moderately more sensible, sophisticated space (Spontgebob and Big Boy notwithstanding).

View attachment 130977

View attachment 130978

Note to self: The room is done, get to frickin' work!

Thank you, gentle reader, for your forbearance.

the big Boy is the LEGIT centerpiece!!!! That CAN NOT go or you will lose all artistic credibility!!!

I like the green on the wall as well...good color. And love clipper ship paintings. Those remind me of my mom's dad. He always had seascape paintings around the house

the big Boy is the LEGIT centerpiece!!!! That CAN NOT go or you will lose all artistic credibility!!!

I like the green on the wall as well...good color. And love clipper ship paintings. Those remind me of my mom's dad. He always had seascape paintings around the house
Fear not, Monsieur BB will stay come heck or high water.

I just added six Cranborne Audio Camden EC-1 preamps to my home studio set up (four in my desktop rack and two in a sidecar).
The EC-1 is basically "three" preamps in one: an ultra clean high gain signal or engaging the Mojo circuit, you have the ability
to dial in--as little or as much--one of two tonal characteristics. The Cream setting colors the upper mids and highs with less
low frequencies. The Thump setting adds thicker bottom end. It also has a direct headphone monitoring plug in.

A big round of thanks is in order. First, thanks to DW Forum member Chris Whitten for his input. Second, thanks to Sweetwater Audio
for the recent killer sale on these preamps.

CambdenEC1.jpg

Bought a broken Nikon off ebay and replaced the lens, the missing grips etc. I got it for cheap just to cannibalize its LCD cable, but didn't have the heart to leave the poor camera unfixed.. On top of that it's full spectrum converted, so instead of the cable I needed, now I have an expensive new hobby, lol. Waiting for my 656nm narrow band pass hydrogen-alpha filter. Anyone into infrared stuff?

DSCN0052.jpg?

1681775416736.png

Musically, an Electro-Harmonix Nano Q-Tron pedal for my bass guitar.

Non-musically, a lot! My girlfriend and I are renovating an old house in Las Vegas, and the credit cards are melting from over-use. My back is killing me, but this place is starting to look amazing. The original owners converted a two-car garage into a big family room, and now we have re-converted that big space into a gym and music room. I have my old set of Pacifics (any old timers remember?) and a few guitars and some speakers. I sneak in now and again when there's a break in the actual work to annoy my neighbors. Good times ahead.

The old 42 inch lg tv was on its last legs. Had to un plug and re plug a dozen times to get it to come on . This has gone on for months 🙄. The picture blows and the sound breaks up on and off . I don’t watch a lot of tv but I like to see and enjoy what I’m watching when I do .
Couldn’t take it anymore and picked up a Samsung 65 q70a 65”. What a freaking difference.
I hacked off and MacGyver’d the armoire that held the 42” , for now until I figure out where this is going and or what it’s going on .

Out with the old ……..

440EA140-11CF-49DE-AFB8-FA03471E063C.jpeg

In with the new ……..

F37E1100-759D-42D0-B0BA-77F5CB93BFE1.jpeg
692CD282-BCA3-441A-A0D2-76718D94C2F0.jpeg

"Latest Purchase...Non-percussion"

Musically, an Electro-Harmonix Nano Q-Tron pedal for my bass guitar. Non-musically, a lot! My girlfriend and I are renovating an old house in Las Vegas, and the credit cards are melting from over-use. My back is killing me, but this place is starting to look amazing. The original owners converted a two-car garage into a big family room, and now we have re-converted that big space into a gym and music room. I have my old set of Pacifics (any old timers remember?) and a few guitars and some speakers. I sneak in now and again when there's a break in the actual work to annoy my neighbors. Good times ahead.
Hi Thomas - wow - so good to hear from you and seeing you are doing fine - remember NAMM!!!!!
your friend Bernhard

Hi Thomas - wow - so good to hear from you and seeing you are doing fine - remember NAMM!!!!!
your friend Bernhard
Bernhard, I had a blast at NAMM and I would love to go again some time. I have such wonderful memories of the amazing people that we met and the great times I had hanging out with you.

Partner and I are renovating an old house. The original owner made some curious choices regarding construction and wiring, and we are discovering new and exciting issues as we proceed. We found an egregiously large gouge in the paneling around one of the wall outlets in our music room, so my latest purchase is...

Outlet cover.jpg

An oversized outlet cover.

Also a new washer and drier, a new refrigerator, and a new pool pump. But that monstrous outlet cover really did the trick.

Partner and I are renovating an old house. The original owner made some curious choices regarding construction and wiring, and we are discovering new and exciting issues as we proceed. We found an egregiously large gouge in the paneling around one of the wall outlets in our music room, so my latest purchase is...

View attachment 132826

An oversized outlet cover.

Also a new washer and drier, a new refrigerator, and a new pool pump. But that monstrous outlet cover really did the trick.
In all my 33 years I never saw a cover that big. Internet acquisition yes?

How's that hammered metal snare doin

I was thinking you could lift that for your weight training, if you still have it that is...

I'm curious, what does one use a 10" cordless chainsaw for? I live in the woods, so this does not compute at all.
I used to cut 15-20 cords a year and split by hand . Thats how we heated our home in the country , Did that for 11 years and I had very powerful gas saws . Now I'm not a young man anymore and live in a big city .... with a fireplace . There's always nice wood laying round from wind and ice breakage . Too long for my Rav 4 , but now I can pull over grab my little saw and cut to size ( @6') . I cut these lengths to about 14 " on my 12" chop saw in the back yard . Nothing over 6" max diameter is reasonable , so I figured if I bought a ten inch blade I wouldn't be tempted to haul logs home . Around Christmas, the fireplace is going non stop and I burn 3/4 of my little pile( 1 cord) . The rest I keep handy for power outage . Oak , ash, dead elm, hard maple throw an impressive heat .

This saw is handy for rough carpentry too ,

Last edited:
An M2 Pro Mac Mini for my recording setup to replace my M1 Mac mini.

It’s insane the amount of power a 1300 dollar Mac mini has! It outbenches basically every computer 1500 bucks or cheaper

In all my 33 years I never saw a cover that big. Internet acquisition yes?
The previous owners converted a two-car garage to a big "rumpus room" (I think that's what they used to call them), and the walls were covered by ugly wallpaper. The wallpaper came down to reveal truly ugly yellowish wood paneling. We agreed that paneling had to go as well, so we took it down to discover... actually nice looking dark paneling. We were baffled. They built a room, covered it with nice paneling, then covered that with ugly paneling, and then finally covered that with ugly wallpaper.

So the gouge around the outlet was in the original nice paneling. Odd, but here we are, with the world's largest outlet cover.

They did other weird stuff, too, but that just adds to the charm of the place.

talk-f.jpg

An Electro-Harmonix Stereo Talking Machine for the guitar pedal board. I'm having a blast playing all the "talking" guitar parts from my misspent childhood. Currently butchering Rocky Mountain Way.

Kubota B2650 HSDC compact tractor also with a 58 inch rear tiller and 60 inch front snowblower. Too bad the yard and woods are too soggy/soupy to do any work. But wait until things dry up!

Yes, that's snow at the extreme left - I carried a lot of it away with the loader and scraped some with the back blade too. Even a week of 75 °F days and 50 °F nights (24 and 10 °C) didn't melt it all.
IMG_1683.jpg

Back