Lambs wool cover for Trick beaters?

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member
I really like my Trick pedals, but I do play some very low-volume gigs. Does anyone sell covers that might fit well over the Trick beaters?

Not sure they make such a thing. Maybe make one using a few different microphone wind socks nested together?

Or buy a fleece beater and swap them out as needed.

Isn’t a dead blow beater incompatible with a low volume gig, no matter how you dress it up?

Not sure they make such a thing. Maybe make one using a few different microphone wind socks nested together?

Or buy a fleece beater and swap them out as needed.

Isn’t a dead blow beater incompatible with a low volume gig, no matter how you dress it up?

For low-volume gigs I would only use the regular Trick beaters. I wonder if I could just cut out a circle of lambs wool and sew elastic around the edges, so I could easily slip it off and on.

How about getting another set of your preferred trick beaters and gluing the thickest weather stripping you can find to the impact surface? That way you've got a regular and a low volume option.

Update: the wristbands work well, adult size are a little loose, so I ordered some kids size off Amazon. Best part is that you can drop it down and let it hang loose at the bottom of the shaft when not in use. And you can layer two wristbands for an ultra-quiet sound. I really think jazzers should look into this for small combo gigs.

Last edited:
I got a Vater recently and was a little disappointed with it.
I was expecting a much larger volume reduction and softer feel, but it has a hard center and didn't do as much as I was looking for.
Home made solutions work better for me, but can be a little more hassle.

I use felt chair leg bottom stickies on my beater . I tried double sided tape and a cotton ball but just smashed flat to nothing in no time . I like wristband idea!

Back