K EFX Cracked, what next?

Grolubao

How does it sound with all the cracks? If I still enjoyed the sound, I'd keep on using it until it shattered or use it as a hi-hat top.

The cluster crash does sound great from internet clips although never heard one in the flesh. I did hear an old Bosphorus Stanton Moore Trash Crash, yummy

Yeah that's fair. Still sounds pretty good, I do notice that has less sustain but yeah I'll keep using it

calan

Silver Member
Sure but I'm not going to buy another cymbal when clearly there is a manufacturing problem with it. Literally every cigar hole has cracks in the same place which suggests there is a problem with it.
After having sent back 4 under the warranty with these issues, I never bought them again.

No holes for me anymore.
I wonder if there is something inherent in the cutout shape that puts stress on that spot where the radius ends.

I've never had an O Zone crack (not to say others haven't), and I wonder if that's because the holes are just circles.

Leading to another solution:

Buy a Zildjian Crash you like and hole it up. Probably the easiest cymbal mod. Maybe also the most bold.

Grolubao

I wonder if there is something inherent in the cutout shape that puts stress on that spot where the radius ends.

I've never had an O Zone crack (not to say others haven't), and I wonder if that's because the holes are just circles.

Leading to another solution:

Buy a Zildjian Crash you like and hole it up. Probably the easiest cymbal mod. Maybe also the most bold.

Indeed, I mean the round holes are all perfectly fine, it's just the cigar holes