Just bought a DW 9000 Double Pedal on Ebay

mikei

Gold Member
Well,

After agonizing on what double pedal to get, it came down to the eliminators (I have had in the past and loved) and DW 9000.

I currently play a single Eliminator. But, with my new project, I needed to play double bass.

I went to GC to check out the pedals and really liked the Eliminators, Iron Cobras and the DW 8000 and 9000.

So, after spending quite a bit of time on each, I just liked the feel of the DW 9000 and the Eliminators the best, but LOVED the look of the 9000.

So, considering how much I sell stuff, I thought I would try to find a nice, used but well cared for pair of DW 9000s and try to find a good deal. DWs tend to have a higher resale value as compared to the Cobras or Eliminators. I ended up paying $300 for the pedals which is about $75 less than average Ebay listings. So, I am happy.

They are supposed to ship tomorrow and I should receive them by next week sometime.

Ebay is such a wonderful thing!!!

Mike

Congrats & welcome in the DW double pedal club.

Sure mine isn't quite the 9002 but I know what you mean by their feel. I find them quite smooth though.

Mike, you are buying gear left and right. Enjoy it !

Center too!

That's a killer deal, provided that the pedals are in great condition and there is no hidden problems with them.

Be sure to post a video of your first day on the double bass, we can have a laugh, then follow it up with constructive criticism, LOL.

Hey Mike, nice pedal choices. I have a single dw 9000 and a double pearl eliminator. They are both nice pedals, but I too prefer the smoothness and feel of the dw. I know you cant wait for your new pedal to arrive....enjoy my friend!

That is too funny about posting me playing right away! You have to be crazy. At my jam last night, my guitar player brought his kids double pedal for me to try (POS) and I was HORRIBLE!!! But, the pedals felt crappy. So, I will blame it on that.

However, I used to play DB about a year ago and was pretty solid with it as long as I was playing at 160 bpm or slower. So, no Angel of Death. I could go up to about 180 for short bursts and still stay solid with the metronome.

However, I don't know how people can do 180 for long periods. And, 180 is slow compared to what is out there now.

At GC, I was able to get them going ok at about 120 bpm and stay consistant and it felt good. I am hoping I can get it back to how I was within a couple of weeks or a month at most. Perhaps it is wishful thinking. Can't wait to hear the double bass with the 26. Probably will sound like Thunder!

But, I don't plan on using it too much. Very, very sparingly. Not for entire songs. Mostly accents, fills and parts of grooves.

As far as the condition of the pedals. They looked new in the pictures (stated LIKE NEW in the ad) and the guy had over a 600 rating with 100% feedback. So, I have no doubts they are as good as he states.

As far as all the new gear. It isn't because I have a great job (although I do OK), it is because I just sold my Mapex M Birch and DW kits. Got about 2800 for both if you include the Craviotto I sold. My battlefield kit was 1100. So, I bought a new fish tank for my wife and bought new pedals and still have money left over. Plus, I will sell my single eliminator for about $100 on eBay to offset it.

I will post pics soon

Mike

That is too funny about posting me playing right away! You have to be crazy. At my jam last night, my guitar player brought his kids double pedal for me to try (POS) and I was HORRIBLE!!! But, the pedals felt crappy. So, I will blame it on that.

However, I used to play DB about a year ago and was pretty solid with it as long as I was playing at 160 bpm or slower. So, no Angel of Death. I could go up to about 180 for short bursts and still stay solid with the metronome.

Mike

Ahahaha I'de love to see you play that.

But my god, you have like 5 drums sets.
Can I barrow the money tree?

Lol jk

Good deal, though.
I absolutely LOVE my Axis' though. Its like...no effort at all. Smooth, glides well, but hits hard.

The 9000, Iron Cobra and Elim came in close second though

Ahahaha I'de love to see you play that.

But my god, you have like 5 drums sets.
Can I barrow the money tree?

Lol jk

Good deal, though.
I absolutely LOVE my Axis' though. Its like...no effort at all. Smooth, glides well, but hits hard.

The 9000, Iron Cobra and Elim came in close second though

I have 1 drum set and that is all. Sold my other sets.

I really like this kit. The big, deep kick is just amazing sounding.

The money tree isn't real!!! However, I am 38 years old, so I have a career. It is much easier to buy equipment now than when I was in my twenty's!!!!!

But, I don't have as much free time!

The money tree isn't real!!! However, I am 38 years old, so I have a career. It is much easier to buy equipment now than when I was in my twenty's!!!!!

Yeah, I'm not going to get far working at Burger King at 19 =(

You sold the DW and M-Birch?

Thats a great deal. Especially considering how incredibly expensive 9000's are. Congratulations.

Back