John Riely talks about his vintage cymbals (Videos in 4 parts)

Auspicious

Silver Member
I found these videos a couple of days ago, Mr. Riley talking about his vintage cymbal collection, it's very interesting. More then that, he plays them and of course it is pure high quality jazz improvisation, very good cymbal tests with many relevant details.

Instead of watching Fox news or CNN, I recommend these videos to fully appreciate John's cymbal collection. :)

I think the Part 4 is about to be released in 38 minutes and there will be a Spizzichino 22” Ride 2370g inthere. (according to the object of the video.)

If you still have time, there is a discussion between Paul Francis from Zildjian and John Riley about the Kerope line vs the vintage cymbals. If you don't have much time skip the discussion and go directly at 16:54 to hear the great cymbal sounds again (Especially at 20:50)

There was a lot for me to enjoy, hopefully for others too.
7hsPnpi.png

I've been watching these too.

The vintage k series makes me very jealous even though if I was ever lucky enough to get one I'd be scared to use it.

Yeah , :)

I just can't believe this especially the vintage Ks at the end of the Zildjian Video, these are seriously awesome in my opinion. I don't know if they are from John's collection of masterpieces from the Zildjian vault.

I love Ks. Have a 20" heavy ride, a 17" and 16" crash and 13" hats. Love 'em. His are nice too, but I particularly like the Ks in part one the best. As I've posted prior, I want a pair of 15" hats to compliment my 13s and considering Wuhans because that's what I can afford, but listened to a video clip of K sweet hats (15") and looks like I'm just going to save and go for those. You just can't beat the versatility fo Zildjian Ks. Thanks for sharing the videos.

I love Ks. Have a 20" heavy ride, a 17" and 16" crash and 13" hats. Love 'em. His are nice too, but I particularly like the Ks in part one the best. As I've posted prior, I want a pair of 15" hats to compliment my 13s and considering Wuhans because that's what I can afford, but listened to a video clip of K sweet hats (15") and looks like I'm just going to save and go for those. You just can't beat the versatility fo Zildjian Ks. Thanks for sharing the videos.

No problems, I am glad people are interested in these cymbals!

I have a 13" K custom Dark hats, they are awesome.. every time I use the drum, I can't believe how lucky I am to own them, It's just material but i have no regrets.

If the K Sweet hats 15 are like these, according to the video, they have a great sound, awesome sound, they look tender.

I'll listen to all the K Sweet line later, and the second video of JoHn Riley too.

The Spizz in p4 was really nice, that over-lip on the profile is nice touch. They are more expensive than Ks nowadays though, so doubt I'll even own one.

I did find an old K 20" years ago for ~$100 in a used music store, they probably thought it just a generic old A but it had the bell sig underneath and was likely a 70s stamp. Never played it and sold it for profit, didn't really care for the sound though...I like the modern imitations much better anyways (and I'm not afraid to bash them either). But there are old gems out there but the prices just get too crazy though.

Back