James Taylor & Steve Gadd yesterday night

I've seen James 4 times now, he never ceases to impress me with his musicanship and his humanity. The last 2 times he spent the entire interval chating to and signing autographs for fans at the front of the stage. He always has a great band- I've seen him with Carlos Vega (RIP), Chad Wackerman and Steve Gadd on drums, so it's a great gig from any perspective. His wooden drum machine on the one man band tour was a sight to behold!

I saw James Taylor in New Jersey, early 1980's, at a "No Nukes" concert. He did a solo set that was first-rate.

My sister went to see James Taylor at some outdoor arena - I think it was in Saratoga Springs, NY. The opening act was a no-show. When it was time for the opening act to hit the stage, out walked James Taylor alone with just his acoustic guitar.

Taylor apologized to the concert goers for the no-show band. He said, if the crowd didn't mind, he'd be his own opening act. And that's exactly what he did. He played an entire show by himself.

Then he took a break and returned with his full band to do their usual set.

Great stuff.

Best,
Scott K Fish

I'm 39 now and I've seen him 3 times in concert.....feel in love with Vega's playing on the Live double CD and was able to see him before his passing.

Every show was fantastic and being in MA is was very nice since to us he is a local. His brother is pretty solid as well if you catch him in an acoustic bar performance.

Back